Starting Lineup....

GeordieVillan

I'd probably go something like;

Marshall

Lowton Lichaj Stevens Luna

Tonev Sylla El Ahmadi Holman

Bowery Dawkins

I know what you're thinking though... 442 is dead isn't it?

No Herd seems harsh! But swap KEA for double B and I'm in

Edited by villaglint
  • Like 1

Bunn

Bacuna Richards Clark Amavi

Gueye Vertout

Gabby Ayew Sinclair

Gestede

I think it's interesting that you've gone for Bunn in goal, I think he's an excellent keeper but I think TS will stick with Guzan for the time being

That post has made me realise there's been so much gash to play for the club in the last 5 years or so. More so than any other club I can think of - in terms of having individuals who are just way below par. We were lucky to have class such as Benteke to level it out to just a slightly below average prem team.

• Like 3

It wasn't even hard to make a gash XI, I probably could've had a gash bench too.

I'm much more optimistic about this season than any of the last 5 years.

I'd go for

Guzan

Hutton Richards Clark Amavi

Sinclair Gueye Vertout

Ayew Kozak Gestede

If Adebayor signed, I probably put him in instead of Kozak, but as things stand that's what I'd start ahead of Bournmouth.

Of Gil / Grealish are fit by next weekend that would change things too.

Edited by alreadyexists

Godzan

Bacuna    Richards    Clark    Amavi

Gueye  Westwood

Veretout

Ayew                                    Sinclair

Abdomlahor

If Gab dogg and/or Sinclair put a few guff appearances in get Gestede/Grealish/Gil in asap.

Edited by parisvilla

It wasn't even hard to make a gash XI, I probably could've had a gash bench too.

I'm much more optimistic about this season than any of the last 5 years.

I'd go for

Guzan

Sinclair Gueye Vertout

Ayew Kozak Gestede

If Adebayor signed, I probably put him in instead of Kozak, but as things stand that's what I'd start ahead of Bournmouth.

Of Gil / Grealish are fit by next weekend that would change things too.

No way should Sinclair play in a midfield 3.

Guzan

Richards Okore Clark Amavi

Sanchez Guaye

Gil Vertout Grealish

Kozak

I think we need to protect the back 4 with two holding midfielders for a least the first couple of weeks of the season, at least until we have some consistency there. Plus, it will give Amavi and Richards license to bomb forward and send some bombs in from wide for big Libor.

We need to win more games at Villa Park this season, barely even winning 5 home games is embarrassing and not good enough.

I wonder if we'll see different line ups for home and away games particularly with the front trio we play.

I would for example expect to see Gil play more in home games where you need more guile and creativity whereas away from home as much pace as possible so Bacuna at RB and Sinclair and Gabby still have parts to play.

We have so many attacking players now with one more to come, it makes sense to rotate on opposition and environment. 

Pffft, Gil over Jacky my arse. Based on what we have seen Grealish is a more accomplished player and, well, he's one of our own.

First name on my team sheet.

Jack has played more than twice as many games in a Villa shirt than Gil has. Gil has a goal (and what a goal), Jack hasn't. Jack has an assist and Gil hasn't. I don't really know how anyone can claim Grealish is more accomplished than Gil at this point considering Gil has a couple of years of first team football more than Grealish has and has pretty much achieved as much as he has in a Villa shirt despite playing less games.

I used my eyes to be honest.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

A lot of people not picking Westwood who I think is a nailed on certainty to start. 

Westwood

Gueye         Vertout

Should be our first choice midfield.

I suppose the question mark is how often we've played 4-4-2 in pre season. I don't quite understand why Sherwood would change the formation by and large that served us well from March onwards.

We just never look convincing playing 4-4-2 so unless Gueye and Vertout are ridiculously mobile that's a big ask for two of them new to the league, Westwood needs to be in there.

My guess of starting eleven:

Guzan

Bacuna Westwood Gueye Sinclair 

Agbonlahor Kozak

Will Gabby be available though after his injury against Wolves? I'd expect to see Ayew with Kozak.

I'd probably go something like;

Marshall

Lowton Lichaj Stevens Luna

Tonev Sylla El Ahmadi Holman

Bowery Dawkins

I know what you're thinking though... 442 is dead isn't it?

Swap Stevens for Baker and you may have the poorest group of premierhsip players in the league right there.