Starting Lineup....

GeordieVillan

Assuming we sign Gestede, Veretout and Adebayor, how does everyone see us lining up on the first day of season?? Not the team you would pick, the team that you think will start the match, and no hedging your bets, just pick 11 players and a formation....

I think as follows -

Bunn

Hutton

Richards

Clark

Amavi

Gueye

Veretout

Sinclair

Grealish

Ayew

Adebayor

Guzan is still with this club if you've forgotten. 

I havn't forgotten....I just don't think he will be first choice....

Well Sherwood does and he is in charge. 

Edited by Czechlad

Haha...pick him in your team then!

I shouldn't have said I don't think he will be first choice....I just think he won't play the first game because he has been away....

Edited by GeordieVillan

Yea Czechlad, I think you might have missed the point of the game there dude!! Haha

• Like 2

Guzan

Bacuna/Hutton/

Richards

Clarke

Amarvi

Sanchez/Westwood

Veretout

Gueye

Gil

Grealish/Sinclair

Adebayor

Subs

Ayew

Gestede

Baker

Bunn

Crespo

..........I still think we need to sign a Commanding  dedicated Centre Half....think Richards Clark are vulnerable particularly in the air.

Edited by TRO

Mine..Also taking into account probable signings, current injuries and fitness. Struggling to find room for Gabby or Sinclair although sure one of them will be in due to cover needed out wide. The truth is though for the first time in years it's a toughy... Options, options, options.. Just hope Gil gets his chance in the 10 role and happy days. Subs also look defensively weak but that may also change in the next week.

.......................................................Guzan..............................................

Hutton...............Richardson.................................Clark..................Amavi

...........................Veretout....................................Gueye..........................

....Bacuna.........................................Gil..................................Grealish....

....................................................Adebayor..............................................

Subs... Getsede, Ayew, Bunn, Crespo, Westwood, Sinclair/Gabby.

I think picking the starting 11 is going to be a really hard call. With just 8 days to go till the Bournemouth game can Sherwood put out a team featuring 5-7 new players as many suggest, who will have played very little together?

I think picking the starting 11 is going to be a really hard call. With just 8 days to go till the Bournemouth game can Sherwood put out a team featuring 5-7 new players as many suggest, who will have played very little together?

Can't be any worse than last season (as a whole).

Can't be any worse than last season (as a whole).

I am not questioning the quality of the new players and am quite excited by some of them. My point is whether they can function as a team after so little time together. I don't know of any PL team that has ever started with 5-7 new players from the off - do you?

----------------Guzan

Amavi Richards Clark Bacuna

---------------Sanchez

Grealish Veretout Gueye Ayew

--------------Adebayor

Subs: Gestede, Gil, Westwood, Bunn, Hutton, Gabby

Edited by ryu.yokoi
  • Like 1