Rudy Gestede

midian

i dont see how, the bloke in front of me at wycombe kept wheeling out his championship stats, im thinking of him underjumping the free header vs arsenal, the complete air kick vs whoever, the constant lack of movement, the fact that we he does win a header he seems to have a toblerone for a head...and thinking what will be in championship water that will make him suddenly be able to do all of those things? pure confidence? 

from what im seeing at the moment the blackburn years are looking like anomalies, he was shit before them and he's shit after them

"1 goal in 2 games in the championship!" yeah but 1 in 8 everywhere else... terrible buy

• Like 3

If he starts then it will be the first time one of our players has put me off watching us,  it's not good for my health watching this lazy donkey plod around and then he ends up at the edge of the box more often than not when we get into a dangerous position.  Worst player ever, please sell/release/assassinate him. 

Edited by Bunnski

I think I disagree with most, but I think he has to start, as it frees up Ayew from the target man role to do his thing. The most effective we have looked all season is when we have had a pair of strikers up front, and given our squad and players' individual form - I would play Ayew and Gestede up front with Gil at no.10.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GeordieVillan said:

I think I disagree with most, but I think he has to start, as it frees up Ayew from the target man role to do his thing. The most effective we have looked all season is when we have had a pair of strikers up front, and given our squad and players' individual form - I would play Ayew and Gestede up front with Gil at no.10.

I also made this point in the past.

After tonight's game, do you still think it's Gestede who should be starting?

7 minutes ago, WooJung said:

I also made this point in the past.

After tonight's game, do you still think it's Gestede who should be starting?

No I think Kozak did enough to start the next game. However, Kozak did look very rusty and some of his play and his touch was at times very sloppy, and if Gestede had made some of those errors he would have been crucified. Its not surprising though that Kozak is rusty though to be fair. What tonight did highlight is that Kozak's movement is vastly superior to Gestede.

6 minutes ago, GeordieVillan said:

No I think Kozak did enough to start the next game. However, Kozak did look very rusty and some of his play and his touch was at times very sloppy, and if Gestede had made some of those errors he would have been crucified. Its not surprising though that Kozak is rusty though to be fair. What tonight did highlight is that Kozak's movement is vastly superior to Gestede.

Thing is, even if we ignore the movement, we've seen worse from Gestede on many occasions.

Still, we are in agreement, Ayew needs a partner up front, and Kozak is the better option, even if he isn't perfect.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Ayew needs a partner who isn't at the club yet. Kozak can sit on the bench, and Gestede can sit in another team's dressing room. 

That would be the ideal scenario. So far it's been pretty much the opposite of all you said, Gestede was starting, Kozak didn't even make the bench... the first part was, and still is true, sadly...

Good back up squad option IMO and I feel sorry he has had to carry the burden of replacing Benteke as he simply isn't good enough to be the main man.

But he gives us the ability to change play up a bit from the bench or to start him against the right opposition with the right players around him (wingers!) 

I think he is a useful player to have around. But as a number 3 striker behind Ayew and (an)other. 

In the Summer, Tim wanted a "big man" he could play up to. He didn't want too much else in that player.

Of all the signings that the transfer team had input to in the summer. Richards was all Tim, Rudy was his other big "victory". No surprise they're our two worst signings.

I'm not sure what he's good for aside from bringing on at the end of games to head away the other side's corners.

Kozak wasn't great by any stretch, and isn't a great player, but he's really shown Rudy up tonight.

I don't know what we can do with him.

Â