Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Sherwood

Quote

 

“Some of these foreign boys we’ve gone for are better than the English ones, they’ve played a lot more games at a very young age,” Sherwood said. “You look at the English boys, they’ve played five games and they cost the same amount as a guy who has played 200 games in Ligue 1. It doesn’t add up.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/aug/13/tim-sherwood-aston-villa-new-signings

 

Sherwood

Quote

 

“I believe that those players in time will be good players for the football club, but when you bring in a lot of players from other countries that have not played and experienced the Premier League before, the competitive nature of it, it is going to take time.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/tim-sherwood-gives-insight-aston-10406255

 

:blink:

And we all know about Tim's tactics on the sidelines too.

0eabd70b57c62c4a19bf0ad35efcea61.gif

MarvelousNewJabiru.gif

Edited by Dick
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • VT Supporter
2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

He was forced to play with a squad of shit that he didn't even want or ask for.

No he wasn't.

he just said it in an interview and for some reason everyone believes him and goes with it any time it's brought up.

He's as responsible for the signings that summer as Bruce is for his signings or Lambert was for his.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

No he wasn't.

he just said it in an interview and for some reason everyone believes him and goes with it any time it's brought up.

He's as responsible for the signings that summer as Bruce is for his signings or Lambert was for his.

“If they are a success they are down to me. If they are a failure it’s also down to me. I’ve got no excuse. I won’t be blaming anyone else. You can do that if they’re not your players and if you have to work with what you are dealt. But that’s not what happens here.”

http://metro.co.uk/2015/10/16/tim-sherwoods-excuses-over-transfers-are-not-fooling-aston-villa-fans-5441700/

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
10 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

No he wasn't.

he just said it in an interview and for some reason everyone believes him and goes with it any time it's brought up.

He's as responsible for the signings that summer as Bruce is for his signings or Lambert was for his.

I disagree.

Stating what is evident, he was hoping to seek fresh young British talent at the time who would come and bust a gut, eager etc. Instead was served aload of foreign players that he never asked for.

Another manager hung out to dry the same as Lambert and Gardè.

 

 

Edited by AvfcRigo82
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • VT Supporter
30 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I disagree.

Stating what is evident, he was hoping to seek fresh young British talent at the time who would come and bust a gut, eager etc. Instead was served aload of foreign players that he never asked for.

 

 

Firstly I think that’s bollocks.

all clubs operate a transfer committee these days. But because Sherwood claimed in one interview that some of the players weren’t his idea, he somehow gets absolved of blame by some fans over and over again.

He is as responsible for Jordan Veretout as Steve Bruce is for Birkir Bjarnasson. 

 

Plus the foreign players he was supposedly forced to use were better than the players he allegedly had all the input for (gestede, Richards, lescott)

The man is a clown. Possibly the worst manager we’ve ever had. 

The fact some fans still try to absolve him of blame boils my blood. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • VT Supporter

Its not worth fighting over speculation and innuendo......we are not privvy to what goes on behind the scenes, so you end up believing, what you want to believe.

I read an article where Jordan blames himself for his stay at Villa, so i have an open mind.

on to managers

One thing new managers need to do is buy themselves time to scrap for results while they can build a sustainable model. In the first full season Tim and Roberto failed to do that and results inevitably sealed their fate......we will never know, if they would have been any good....only summise.

despite a very mixed and up and down season last term......Steve Bruce did secure a few wins to give himself some breathing space to improve and keep himself employed.

Ps I think Jordan Vertout and the french boys, were just signings that was not right for the moment, we needed a different type of player for where the club was at......we are now in a better place in terms of spirit and confidence.....so it does not really surprise me to see them all doing well elsewhere,but that does not reflect on us....just different time different place.

Edited by TRO
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • VT Supporter
22 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Firstly I think that’s bollocks.

all clubs operate a transfer committee these days. But because Sherwood claimed in one interview that some of the players weren’t his idea, he somehow gets absolved of blame by some fans over and over again.

He is as responsible for Jordan Veretout as Steve Bruce is for Birkir Bjarnasson. 

 

Plus the foreign players he was supposedly forced to use were better than the players he allegedly had all the input for (gestede, Richards, lescott)

The man is a clown. Possibly the worst manager we’ve ever had. 

The fact some fans still try to absolve him of blame boils my blood. 

Bollocks in your opinion granted and I do not totally excuse Sherwood anymore than I do Garde or Lambert or Kenny the kitman.

However I think the blame lays more to the clowns behind the scenes at the time rather than the captains steering the ship if you will.

Fwiw, The FA cup semi final was Sherwoods stand out game of his tenure but not much happened for him there after.

 

Anyway.. How is mr Veretout doing nowadays since this is thread?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • VT Supporter
10 minutes ago, TRO said:

Its not worth fighting over speculation and innuendo......we are not privvy to what goes on behind the scenes, so you end up believing, what you want to believe.

This.  :thumb:

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure Jordan Veretout would have thrived in this country under different management. He struggled with the pace of this league and didn't look up to it physically. Serie A is slower, so he's benefitting from having more time on the ball. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
3 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

Wonder why Sherwood bought him then.

Ah no, he had nothing to do with it.

Unless he'd turned out alright, then it would have been his idea.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/01/2018 at 09:32, AvfcRigo82 said:

I disagree.

Stating what is evident, he was hoping to seek fresh young British talent at the time who would come and bust a gut, eager etc. Instead was served aload of foreign players that he never asked for.

Another manager hung out to dry the same as Lambert and Gardè.

 

 

Rigo I find it odd your defending sherwood but critising bruce? Bruce is 100x the manager sherwood is.

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â