Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

14 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Rigo I find it odd your defending sherwood but critising bruce? Bruce is 100x the manager sherwood is.

I am not entirely defending Sherwood as he did not really do it for us granted but I do not think he was as bad as what is being made out.. he endured no different to what Lambert and Garde suffered. Bollocks to Eric Black.

Again being in the different leagues it is hard to compare tbf.

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I am not entirely defending Sherwood as he did not really do it for us granted but I do not think he was as bad as what is being made out.. he endured no different to what Lambert and Garde suffered. Bollocks to Eric Black.

Again being in the different leagues it is hard to compare tbf.

It's not really that hard to compare though, is it? If we sacked Bruce tomorrow, he'd be the most in-demand manager in the Championship, and if he wanted, he could be in another job by the end of the week. Forest wouldn't think twice, I'll bet.

Tim Sherwood is a very occasional TV pundit. 

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

It's not really that hard to compare though, is it? If we sacked Bruce tomorrow, he'd be the most in-demand manager in the Championship, and if he wanted, he could be in another job by the end of the week. Forest wouldn't think twice, I'll bet.

In fairness that is to do with the old boys club instead of Bruce ability as managerial failure is rewarded in English football

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

Tim Sherwood is a very occasional TV pundit. 

Not really no.

One league is the Premier League one is the Championship.

Bruce may well find another job in the championship, but how long has he been in management compared to Sherwood could be asked? 

Steve Bruce equally admitted he also nearly became a TV pundit.

Just now, Zatman said:

In fairness that is to do with the old boys club instead of Bruce ability as managerial failure is rewarded in English football

It probably also has something to do with his four promotions from this division. 

I'm going to leave this here as this is off-topic. but remember that Sherwood just failed at the ultimate old boys club appointment at Swindon, a job he literally only got because he's mates with the chairman, and which was in the division below. 

Anyway, back to Veretout. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Zatman said:

Nah, it's due to him being a pretty successful manager.  Plenty of my Forest-supporting mates would take him in a heartbeat.

• 3 months later...
7 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Lyon apparently want to pay £18mil for him! hopefully we inserted a sell on clause!

Did you ask Keith this on Twitter? I saw somebody did...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hornso said:

Did you ask Keith this on Twitter? I saw somebody did...

yeah was me, i don't expect a reply mate :) 

Will be gutted if we didn't insert a sell on clause lol

Dropped you a follow on there.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Not heard about this one specifically but I am sure we have sell on clauses in the Amavi and Traore deals. I can't see why we wouldn't with Veretout. Tony seems keen to ensure we get the best deals possible.

Really hope we do have a clause.

It's a shame we didn't seem to take as much care when we recruited players during that first season.

It would be interesting to know how much effort we put in into trying to re-integrate the likes of Veretout, Amavia (and Gil)  when Xia took over. No doubt they very much wanted to leave, and understandably so. 

But. There was obvious talent and potential in these players (and Adama) in hindsight we would be a much stronger side with them in it.

This "not suited to English football" is a load of codswallop. 

Wasn't that long ago that De Bruine and Salah wasn't suited to "English football" either.

Always felt he was a good player with potential. Reports we added various add ons and he is reported valued at around 16m therefore we can hopefully make some good money on this 

He isnt suited to English football it seems 

23 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

He isnt suited to English football it seems 

He wasn't suited to playing in an abysmal Aston Villa team so its hard to make assumptions either way really.

Sometimes a player just doesn't work at a club and even if they go on and improve its not always a bad decision on the clubs part to let them go.

• Like 4

Â