Jose Angel Crespo

Qwpzxjor1

Also you have to consider where we were heading then.  Cuellar was here at a time we were aiming for the champions league. 

As he was a regular in that team (allbeit at right back) he has to be considered a success.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

We had him for something like 4 seasons that worked out 2m a season. Not bad money. He had a great attitude. Remember Villa even accepted a bid from Rangers for him but he got injured and that move collapsed yet he said he would play anywhere to help the team and continued at right back and did well I think. 

If my memory serves me correctly he said last game at Villa Park was one of his saddest days. Top pro in my opinion.

Not question his professionalism or attitude in the slightest, was a solid CB.

Not his fault he was asked to play RB even thou he lacked every attribute to be suited to this position.

Neither was it his fault Villa let his contract run out without getting a fee for him, that is sadly our modus operandi 

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

What was the point of having this chap? We might as well not bothered and had Senderos as cover this season- who probably is no worse than most of our defence at present.

There wasn't a point, it was a damaging ****-up (as per). 

Didn't someone say he had the same agent with Adama or another player we signed?

I wonder if the transfer committee, or whatever their name is, decided that big agents' fees were the devil this summer? Maybe we got Crespo as some sort of buy-one-get-one-free deal with an agent?

This guy was clearly not a diamond in the rough. Always seemed like a lovely chap in his brief website interviews but, frankly, he had no idea why he was here.

• 4 months later...
3 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Is he worth having for a year in the championship? I guess he will return as he only left on loan

Crikey, no thanks.   Far, far better players out there who we can either buy or take on loan. 

• Like 1

I'd rather have him than Richards and tin hat time (this is just my personal opinion) Clark in the squad. I'd like lescott gone but could see the merit in keeping him for one more season. I'd be happy with baker & Crespo as back up to Okore, Toner &? I'll doubt he'll stay though 

28 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Was his last (only??) game for us vs Stoke in the back 3? If so I thought he played alright. 

I'm not really sure how people have formed the opinion that he's crap? Even if you didn't rate him in 1 or 2 showings. 

I thought he looked more than decent in his rare appearances for us

Â