Jose Angel Crespo

Qwpzxjor1

5 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Looked shite to be, weird signing. 

He played one match and it was next to Richards. Really hard to judge him on that. It's no coincidence that Clark and Lescott have looked to be good center backs next to Okore who actually understands positioning. 

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/01/15/report-rayo-vallecano-line-up-move-for-aston-villas-jose-angel-c/

Jose Angel Crespo is a target for Rayo VallecanoMarca reports.

The 19th placed La Liga team are looking to shore up their defence and have targeted the Aston Villa defender as a player who is available this month.

Crespo, 28, only linked up with Midlands side over the summer, signing from Cordoba.

However, his experience in England has not been a good one.

He has just one Premier League appearance to his name - a 1-0 defeat to Stoke - and has not made the substitutes bench since the beginning of November.

He also played in the League Cup, falling to a 2-1 defeat to Southampton, and it is clear that Remi Garde does not rate the defender, who is able to play at centre-back and full-back.

The report claims that Rayo are looking to strengthen the left side of defence, and Crespo is the priority target having shown an aptitude for that position whilst playing in Spain.

3 minutes ago, Djemba_Villan said:

Hopefully it's wages inclusive with an option to buy.

dont mind these. Cost us sod all and could have turned out a decent squad player. Move on. Hopefully it frees up wages for debuchy. 

He was a waste of a space in the 25-man squad. If we hadn't signed him, we might well not have loaned Cissokho to Porto, and then we might have been spared 2 months of Kieran Richardson 'performances'. 

• Like 1

On 1/14/2016 at 21:08, DCJonah said:

The whole summer made sense to me. I bought into and was fooled. It's turned out to be a disaster though. 

Whilst I agree with you that in hindsight it's been a disaster can you really suggest what we would have done differently? We could've signed Huddlestone, Townsend, and Adebayor but they may well have turned out just as crap as Richards and Lescott have been and we'd be hemorrhaging big money again on wages. All of the decisions the club have made in the last year or two had some kind of logic at the time (unlike for example Lerner appointing McLeish).

The whole summer made sense to pretty much everyone - french journalists raved about the players we'd signed from Ligue 1, and we brought in premier league experience at the back. Sherwood admitted we scout and sign players the same way as every other club at the weekend.

We're in our current position because of a perfect storm new players not settling, no real leaders in the existing squad to help them integrate, and a manager out of his depth, resulting in a few bad results, which have caused both players giving up and rock bottom levels of confidence, and things have spiraled from there into a record-breakingly bad season.

It's like an aggregation of marginal losses rather than gains.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

i wouldnt call him a success either

For 8m he wasnt that bad in my opinion. Cuellar was asked to play a lot at right back even though he was a center back. Think he did a solid job here. he was better than a majority of our current cbs

Â