Jose Angel Crespo

Qwpzxjor1

It might be a small thing and I know it was one of convenience for the club too, but I still think it's more positivity to see Gil being the one to interview Crespo.

• Like 1

Welcome Jose Crespo! Angel is hopefully a good omen, and Crespo (hernan) was no slouch either, this guy has a great football name. Although as many have pointed out, he's not called Jordan. However, it supports the alphabetical scrolling theory by Tim, he's finished on Jordans and moved on to Joses. My bet is the next signing will be a Joseph or a Juan.

Wouldn't be surprised if this fella manages to carve his way into the starting 11s. Think he will be perfect in matches vs teams like Bournemouth, outbearding the weaker forwards.

• Like 3

Wouldn't be surprised if this fella manages to carve his way into the starting 11s. Think he will be perfect in matches vs teams like Bournemouth, outbearding the weaker forwards.

They won't know what's hit them, I almost feel sorry for their little bald faces.

• Like 2

Based solely on his beard.

• Like 1

I'm really really not happy about this signing, in fact I'm livid at Sherwood.

The guy is quite clearly called Jose, Sherwood might have the smooth talk of a used car salesman of the year 2007 but Jose isn't fooling anyone if they ain't called Jordan we don't want to know.

Bit of ITK Trent, he has agreed to change his name by deed poll when he has signed to Jordan Crespo........problem solved so welcome Jordan.

WhoScored tweeted this earlier:

José Ángel Crespo: Made more tackles + interceptions (118) in La Liga last season than any Aston Villa player managed in the Premier League

Interesting - definitely something we could do with.

At the moment, I think we need someone who's all about clearances though. Laursen was absolutely incredible at it.

I'm liking the name, the beard and the fact Gil has a fellow countryman to keep the happiness going. All we need now is for Jose to break some legs and I'm a happy bunny.

**EDIT** Preferably not the legs of Kozak, Ayew, Gestede etc ala Clark! Opposing players from other teams please Jose.

Edited by villarocker

A mixed performance today. Needs time to settle but I suspect Hutton will restrict his first team opportunities for the first few months.

After today's defensive performance, he might end up a first choice backup for CB!

Was surprised by his pace today (yesterday now, whatever).  He was quite open to taking people on, Antonio being one and he's pretty rapid.

Seems a decent utility option but not sure he's first choice material.

Â