Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

3 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

A year and a half of lots of huff and puff, and still no end product.  Flattered to deceive on occasion, but mostly below par performances.  Needs to go in January, if possible.

Think that's a given to the African Nations!

1 hour ago, tismyk said:

Very poor today though

Disagree, first half he was at the centre of most of our good moves and used the ball well...put Amavi through for the first for example.

Second half yeah he wasn't great and deserved to be subbed as he was sloppy in possession on occasions.

Still an important player for us though....he has that touch of class that not many in our squad do when in possession.

• Like 3

Don't know where he should play or what he really offers, other than he has a talent but it's no good without any notable end product. 

He needs goals, or he needs assists, or some meaningful passage of play that results in a goal or some telling opportunity other than him trying to take on the world or curl one into the top tight corner and it going wide.

There's a really decent player in there somewhere, but I think he thinks he's better than he really is is. Give me a straight forward Darren Anderton type over him any day. 

Please SB, work it out!

• Like 1

I thought his performance today was embarrassing.  I have been forever concerned about his worrying tendency to dwell on the ball too long and delay the pass ignoring the easy/obvious until it's so late it destroys the attack. 

Today it was so bad it almost felt deliberate. 

He was so poor Gabby was a huge upgrade. 

I don't know if he wants to leave or not but I suspect he does and I would cash in for whatever we can get and reinvest in someone who would bust a gut and feel privileged as he should to play for this club. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

There was one sequence in the second half where he picked up the ball near our area, fooled three or four players with cute touches, dropped shoulder etc, and then still managed to lose it in a dangerous place. Summed up his performance. 

The very definition of a player who flatters to deceive. 

I find it confusing that he appeared to be a better decision maker and more clinical last season in the Premier League. He really isn't putting it together in the way we thought he would at this level. Wasn't bad yesterday but he could and should be so much better against sides like Cardiff.

Â