Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

21 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Maybe it is because Gabby is out of the picture that everyone has seized on Ayew as the new scape goat, but yesterday's game was lost for us by Gollini, same for previous games. And Ayew had chances but he was well within his rights to take them on, and I believe he put created a few chances too. Not selfish. Not to blame for the dropped points.

gollini lost us the game but Ayew should have won it. It's nearly the same thing. I wasn't at the game and havnt seen any highlights but from watching Ayew last season and so far this he has the ability, it just seems the mentality to turn it into consistent winner of matches isn't there. 

Good enough for this level? Absolutely. What Villa need right now? 

Hopefully it will click. We needed his individuality last season, and he delivered, but he has quality around him now, he should adapt. 

I only saw 2minute highlights but he looked bright yesterday, and seemed to be sharing it around aside from one bad decision. 

We need this quality and have him integrate better - goes for everyone in their own way at the moment.

Hopefully we sign a new striker and quality winger and we can stick Ayew back on the bench and make him fight for his place again - and that includes changing his fu**king attitude and playing for the team.  That or bin him off for a LOT of money.

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 1

Still maintain we'd be better off selling him and bringing in a proper wide player along with a central forward.

Fixing the midfield still our biggest priority thou

• Like 2

No concerns with his application, talent or effort. Massive concerns with attitude and commitment. 

Dont know what it is but I just don't like this guy at all but if he starts scoring some goals that would be bloody nice :thumb: 

• Like 1

The issue for me is not that he doesn't care, I thought he put in an exceptional shift against Derby and tracked back and made a lot of successful tackles. 

The issue is his lack of end product. He really hasn't contributed anywhere near enough so far, we rightly expect goals and assists from him, but instead he is not making the right decision at the right time and his execution of final pass and shot has been awful. The quality has not been good enough and if it continues at this level then there's really no justification for starting him. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Pilchard said:

Tony has now deleted deleted his tweet

He's done that a few times.

on Ayew as much as I wanted him to be brilliant it seems team work is not high on his agenda right now and if there is something we need in this bunch more than anything else it is team work. Maybe elphick or jedinak can have a quite word

Â