Emmanuel Adebayor

yayoboy

Years loan or him for a small fee on a 1 year deal.

Anything above that, say 3 year deal and that's Heskey territory for me.

His role in the squad. Well originally I said sub with a main striker as starter. If we're taking another punt on young kid abroad, Adebayor would probably start initially.

Above all else he must sort his issues out off the pitch with his family as no chance of him doing anything here if he isn't mentally stable.

Think he can score about 10-12 goals, which could prove invaluable to us, so I wouldn't mind. Of course, I'd be extremely disappointed if it was Benteke's only replacement though.

I said in the Summer thread the bloke scores goals and will get into double figures if he were to stay fit. 

When we lose Benteke I can't really see us getting better than Adebayor. As long as he doesn't bankrupt the club ala Friedel, Harewood, Davies, Knight then I would say it's a good signing.

If we were to sign him as well as someone like Austin then I think our goals-for tally would be a lot healthier this season. 

As others have said, if he was one of two or three strikers then yes, definitely. Could stick him straight into the first team while the other striker(s) got used to the pace of the league 

• Like 1

Vader-Noooooo.jpg

If this happens I'm having a year off football.

Really? I'd get ready to enjoy your year off as I think this is going to happen.

Would rather have Adebayor with a chance in front of goal than Gabby that's for sure!

I just find it refreshing to have a manager that is already browsing the market for a replacement when the player in question is still ultimately here. In the past we've seen Villa play catch up after losing a talent so it's nice that we seem to have a deal in place to bring in Adebayor on the cheap now, with QPR on standby waiting for us to get the money to afford Austin. That seems to be the plan at least as I see it right now.. As for who Adebayor is replacing I believe he's replacing Bent with Austin possibly being Benteke's replacement. 

If Tim wants him that's enough for me. Great player on his day and he had more of those days with Tim as his manager! We need to get behind the team whoever is in it and turn Villa Park into a place teams fear to come.

I just find it refreshing to have a manager that is already browsing the market for a replacement when the player in question is still ultimately here. In the past we've seen Villa play catch up after losing a talent so it's nice that we seem to have a deal in place to bring in Adebayor on the cheap now, with QPR on standby waiting for us to get the money to afford Austin. That seems to be the plan at least as I see it right now.. As for who Adebayor is replacing I believe he's replacing Bent with Austin possibly being Benteke's replacement.

Three or four months ago if someone said to me you'll have to lose Benteke and Bent, but they will be replaced by Adebayor and Austin, I would have been disappointed about CB sure but I would have taken that.  

At £4 million this is a done deal as £4 million for a player of his quality on his day is insane money. Maybe we haven't had to work anything out with his wages, maybe he's realised he can't keep asking for £100k when he's 31.. Stranger things have happened you only have to look at Joe Cole in our squad to see a player that could have probably gone to America to stay on £120k a week, but instead came here and more than halved his wages.. So maybe Adabayor just wants to play at any cost, we'll find out soon I'm sure.. 

Just been scanning a Spurs forum to see what they're saying about him and apparently someone's had a picture with him getting a flight....to Birmingham.

Someone had a pic taken with him at an airport. I don't think you can even fly to Birmingham from London (assuming that's where he is)

CKL0gJiWsAA9Xiw.jpg

When you read about the issues he has had with his family, you really feel for the guy. Sounds like they just leech of him all the time. I think with a bit of TLC, he could be great for us. 

• Like 2

Him flying from London to Birmingham only adds to my negative opinion of him, lazy and a bit of a dick

I don't think its even possible to do that, unless its a private jet paid for by Villa.  I think its an old picture that has been used to fuel this rumour.