Emmanuel Adebayor

yayoboy

I honestly believe he could be very, very good for us.

It'll be a case of he needs us (fresh start, with a manager he works well with) as much as we need him (a proven goalscorer who can on his day, be class)

I'd trust Sherwood's history on this player over a few clichéd fans fears any day.

10 goals a season easy with the right attitude, plus a bit of experience.

Not buy of the century but he's no Heskey !

• Like 1

Woeful signing

Will be decent for 5 - 10 games then go missing not worthy of the rediculous wages he will be demanding

If Adebayor is the best we can come up with were going to be relegated

Edited by AshVilla

Easiest way to tell re: that picture is when the poster says it was taken.

Says 09.35 on that clock at the back.

He's wearing a wooly hat and thick jacket in July though

He's also wearing a cross in the photo, when he converted to Islam a couple of weeks ago.

The picture is probably months old 

• Like 1

Who would We rather have coming off the bench: Adebayor, Weimann or Bent? No contest for me Adebayor every time.

The good thing is Tim knows exactly what he is getting, and presumably thinks it will be good for the club (if of course it happens)

If Adebayor does sign I'm sure there will be at least one other (more expensive) striker signing too.

• Like 1

Him flying from London to Birmingham only adds to my negative opinion of him, lazy and a bit of a dick

Lazy? What should he do jog it?

I've not seen him break sweat for years so jogging is out of the question.

Who would We rather have coming off the bench: Adebayor, Weimann or Bent? No contest for me Adebayor every time.

The good thing is Tim knows exactly what he is getting, and presumably thinks it will be good for the club (if of course it happens)

If Adebayor does sign I'm sure there will be at least one other (more expensive) striker signing too.

With the wages he will be taking from the club he will not be on the bench

This strikes me as nothing but a lazy signing from the club just like the player

Edited by AshVilla

He's potentially excellent. Truly, he's capable of scoring goals, smashing teams single handedly. Unfortunately, he's inconsistent.

But on a deal that doesn't financially over burden us, I'll welcome him. He'll need to be on his lowest wage since he arrived in England for me to be happy with this deal

Just been scanning a Spurs forum to see what they're saying about him and apparently someone's had a picture with him getting a flight....to Birmingham.

Someone had a pic taken with him at an airport. I don't think you can even fly to Birmingham from London (assuming that's where he is)

CKL0gJiWsAA9Xiw.jpg

Photoshopped. That's Sterling's body, c'mon.

Not impressed by this idea at all. He's not a bad player by any stretch of the imagination, but he does seem to have many background issues, is on massive wages, has problems maintaining consistency of effort throughout periods of games, and has £0 resale value. 

I also don't know where this idea that he can fill in while someone else gets up to speed has come from. In reality, he hasn't played any competitive football for more than six months, and hasn't been a regular starter for more than a calendar year. It's Adebayor who's likely to take time getting up to speed.