Emmanuel Adebayor

yayoboy

Why hasn't this been announced yet?

Triple announcement with Gestede and Veretout.

This is very much the reason i guess the other 2 have medicals tommorow so lets hope this time tommorow its a triple announcement.

So Ive had a few weeks to get used to the idea. Ive had all summer to prepare myself for the inevitable as my spurs mate called it the minute we signed Sherwood and has been beeging for it to happen. Why is there this big nagging doubt in my head? If it were any other team that finished 17th signing him I'd be saying what an amazing signing for them. He's miles better than gabby and I know it. I'm almost at the stage where I want to like it. But I don't like it. Score lots of goals and I'll warm to you though. :)

• Like 1

So Ive had a few weeks to get used to the idea. Ive had all summer to prepare myself for the inevitable as my spurs mate called it the minute we signed Sherwood and has been beeging for it to happen. Why is there this big nagging doubt in my head? If it were any other team that finished 17th signing him I'd be saying what an amazing signing for them. He's miles better than gabby and I know it. I'm almost at the stage where I want to like it. But I don't like it. Score lots of goals and I'll warm to you though. :)

I think it's because it's "Villa". If Adebayor went to West Brom he'd be smashing them in, but we have a knack of getting some players right as their playing ability falls off a cliff. Adebayor is quite possibly the biggest name and talent to grace this club in well over a decade, but deep down as much as I want him here and I'm excited to get Adebayor on the back of my shirt so in 10 years it's a "holy shit he played for us once" kinda thing, I also have that dread in the pit of my stomach that he'll be yet another player we signed on loan or otherwise a few years too late..  

If he had the perfect temperament.... we wouldn't have a chance of attracting him....just in the same way we had the chance of signing McGrath, who some said was a gamble.

......every player is a gamble....just slightly varying degrees of it.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

The most decorated player to play for us for a long while! I for one hope he is here, and can see him making the most of it. So come on and announce it!

Pires?

Fair call, Pires did win a World Cup after all! After looking it up I was surprised to see all Ade has in the theology case is a Copa Del Ray and Champs League runners up! Man city won the FA Cup when he was at Real, and the the Premier League the year he was at Tottenham first.

Hmm that said I see him making more the the 10- odd appearances Pires made for us!

Adebayor is quite possibly the biggest name and talent to grace this club in well over a decade,

Really?

maybe if he'd joined 5--8 years ago, now he's just another burnt out talent desperate to re-ignite his flagging career.

and i really hope he can re-ignite it with us, i'm confident Tim will get the best out of him, how often and for how long is the question.

Adebayor is quite possibly the biggest name and talent to grace this club in well over a decade,

Really?

maybe if he'd joined 5--8 years ago, now he's just another burnt out talent desperate to re-ignite his flagging career.

and i really hope he can re-ignite it with us, i'm confident Tim will get the best out of him, how often and for how long is the question.

at least I don't see us depending on him as our sole messiah up front. if he plays poorly then it would appear we have the luxury of benching him. I still am hopeful that he'll produce for us as it should be in his interest to do so considering his contract is about to end with Spurs.

Wonder if he'll be unveiled today?

Considering the leaked images recently I'd bet it'd be announced later today or maybe Villa/Ade feels there is better options elsewhere. Wait and see I guess, I wouldn't be against bringing in Ade if Sherwood can motivate him again. Superb quality player on his day, just doesn't have enough of those days. 

If its not announced today then I'm going to assume its not happening....

Part of me thinks maybe Sherwood has looked at Kozak in pre-season and thought if I keep him then I don't need Adebayor....and then that saves some money to go buy a winger!