Mark Bunn

villan_007

It says a lot that I can only remember Johnstone saving three shots.. 

He saved two in the 2-0 loss at Tottenham and one in the match on Saturday. 

Now I am sure he has saved more, but not many more.. 

Since signing him we have;

• Lost 2-0 (Spurs)
  • Lost 1-0 (Wolves)
  • Drew 2-2 (Preston)
  • Lost 3-0 (Brentford)
  • Lost 2-1 (Forest)

Now I know our issue has always been conceding goals, but we were having vastly more success with Bunn and Gollini in goal.

If we can't sign a keeper on a free then get Bunn in he's a shit keeper, but Johnstone makes him look world class in comparison. 

• 4 months later...

I believe Mark Bunn's contract ends at the end of this month. It appears he's a well liked member of the squad but Let him go. He just isn't good enough, even for a backup keeper for me. Not sure where Jed Steer is with his rehabilitation. We could need 2 keepers this summer :unsure:

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Barney_avfc said:

I believe Mark Bunn's contract ends at the end of this month. It appears he's a well liked member of the squad but Let him go. He just isn't good enough, even for a backup keeper for me.

Agreed, terrible, terrible goalkeeper. Dreadful signing. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, villa89 said:

Agreed, terrible, terrible goalkeeper. Dreadful signing. 

He was an experienced back-up goalie to go with signings like Marshall, Taylor and Postma. I dont think anybody expected him to be a world beater

If anything it was the sad fact the No.1 was consistently awful that he was thrown into action (I dont think any of his starts was for injuries to our keeper)

• Like 3

Talk hes signing for Northampton on a 3 year deal.

I am guessing Steer will be our number 2. Gollini loaned out. SJ to Boro. We after an experienced keeper with Steer providing competition?

58 minutes ago, KSV said:

Talk hes signing for Northampton on a 3 year deal.

I am guessing Steer will be our number 2. Gollini loaned out. SJ to Boro. We after an experienced keeper with Steer providing competition?

Excellent news - he's finally found his level.

If you chucked two coats down in the park.....you would be hard pressed to have Bunn In goal.

ps I've seen bigger wingers:)

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Back in the Day your number 2 would play Reserve Footy to keep sharp, now the Reserve Goalie who sits on the Bench doesnt see much action as they just train with First Team and sit on the Bench.  They are often like Bunn a journey man who is happy to sit there just in case.  The ones like Steer see a lot more competitive action in the Reserves and are 'developed'.  

Unfortunately due to the last couple of seasons our number ones being less than crap, Bunn has seen a lot more action than was anticipated.

10 hours ago, NIVillan said:

Back in the Day your number 2 would play Reserve Footy to keep sharp, now the Reserve Goalie who sits on the Bench doesnt see much action as they just train with First Team and sit on the Bench.  They are often like Bunn a journey man who is happy to sit there just in case.  The ones like Steer see a lot more competitive action in the Reserves and are 'developed'.  

Unfortunately due to the last couple of seasons our number ones being less than crap, Bunn has seen a lot more action than was anticipated.

Agreed the lack of reserve football is a bad hindrance for the English league. Youth players don't get to play against adults so don't develop fully. The likes of Grealish and Gardner walked through youth football but didn't learn the hard stuff so now playing against adults they struggle.

As for Bunn, he seems a likeable character but hopefully we get better in.

Â