Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

Lots to like about this deal, as long as he doesn't turn out to be shit. Apparently he's dangerous from set pieces, as is Richards, so hopefully they'll add more goal threat to the team as well as being general improvements at the back.

exciting signing. cant believe he has actually ended up here. If he is as good as people say we will make a nice profit off him in a couple seasons

Modern fan (Villa fan?) syndrome right there. He's right though unless Fox put a buyout clause of £8m and a new training kit in his contract.

I know you're only joking but it's unfair to blame Fox for Delph's departure. It's much, much more likely that Delph demanded it than Fox thought it was a good idea.

Yeah, a lot of sarcasm there from me. Fox probably agreed to that figure in order not to lose him on a free. But, if true, why have have the **** as club captain and parading the shirt and captains armband around like he's staying? There will be a lot of parents out there shed 40 or 50 quid for Delph's shirt in the last couple of weeks. I'm glad I'm not one of them. If I was, I'd take it back down the Villa and demand a refund!

To stay on topic, welcome Jordan. Learn something from the toe-rag who deserted us yesterday. Be a man of honour!

Edited by villarocker

Brilliant signing, really like what Sherwood is doing to the team.  My only slight concern is that we seem to have had to wait for delph to be sold in order to make it happen.  That doesn't give me much confidence in Lerner providing funds above what Benteke being sold brings in.

Brilliant signing, really like what Sherwood is doing to the team.  My only slight concern is that we seem to have had to wait for delph to be sold in order to make it happen.  That doesn't give me much confidence in Lerner providing funds above what Benteke being sold brings in.

We've been negotiating this deal for a while, so I can't see it having much to do with that two faced weasel you mentioned leaving.

Edited by Supervillan78
  • Like 1

We've been negotiating this deal for a why, so I can't see it have much to do with that two faced weasel you mentioned.

Just seems a big coincidence that the day after delph goes we agree the deal. We may have been negotiating but that doesn't mean we didn't have to wait to sell a player first.

There was no mention of the deal being off when Delph said he was staying. The problem

seemed to be in convincing Amavi to come. The fee seemed to be pretty much agreed a while back.

How these things get spun into something with a negative undertone is just mental and typical of Villa fans.

I used the phrase 'slight concern' 

Keep calm.

The fee could have been agreed when the original fee for delph was agreed.

Edited by DCJonah

There was no mention of the deal being off when Delph said he was staying. The problem

seemed to be in convincing Amavi to come. The fee seemed to be pretty much agreed a while back.

How these things get spun into something with a negative undertone is just mental and typical of Villa fans.

The idea that we had a problem convincing Amavi to come is also spinning it with a negative undertone.

It does my head in how Villa won't just confirm this on our end. They surely know that Nice have done it so why don't we?

I guess they've got to wait for Jack to turn up and ask him what his favourite colour is and what he thinks of our facilities.

Edited by abdomlahor

It does my head in how Villa won't just confirm this on our end. They surely know that Nice have done it so why don't we?

I guess they've got to wait for Jack to turn up and ask him what his favourite colour is and what he thinks of our facilities.

To be fair, they've confirmed we've agreed a fee.  He still has to pass a medical and sign so we won't confirm anything till that happens.

Â