Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

Okore was a really coup when he signed. He's been pretty naff. Apart from having a fancy name what makes this player any good? £10million is a bloody lot of money for a French defender.

what's a reasonable price for a French defender? What nationality defender makes £10m a good price? Does the fanciness of the name negate the potential shown by statistics, being an U21 international, rave reviews from people who actually watch Ligue 1 and in addition an impressive showreel?

• Like 2

I don't believe it,  Has Sherwood maybe broken the left back curse? 

giphy.gif

I hope he hasn't been pissing on the corner flags.

Okore was a really coup when he signed. He's been pretty naff. Apart from having a fancy name what makes this player any good? £10million is a bloody lot of money for a French defender.

Not sure what Nationality has to do with it (unless it's English and you're playing the premium).

He was the best Left Back in Ligue 1 last season.

Lyon wanted to buy him and put him straight in to the squad. That's the League Runners-up, Champions League team Lyon by the way.

He's only 21 and in his brief career he's already shown great quality, who knows how much additional potential he has in him.

He's clever. Be it timing in the tackle or defensive positioning he shows a game sense intelligence beyond his years.

He also possesses an attacking instinct and has the physical attributes to back it up.

That all said, I don't expect him to be a world beater as soon as he starts for us. He is going to need to settle in and this could take a while.

We have invested a lot in him for sure, and we also need to invest a lot of time and patience with him too. But the payoff at the end could be quite something.

A problem position for years in our starting XI has just become one of strength.

Edited by Wes

Oh well positivity lasted around 5 mins onto the next one we can be negative about without even putting the shirt on. Fun on VT!!
  • Like 1

To be fair most are happy like I am let the shit get flushed and the new batch come in and take us forward onwards and upwards. Believe in villa believe in sherwood

Edited by nazvfc
  • Like 3

Â