Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

I thought he did very well last night. Kept Knockeart very quiet, which isn't easy. 

Getting better by the game. Bruce seems to have his full backs not getting forward as much, Amavi was great at overlapping at crossing from the byline last season, but not seen much attacking intent from him or Hutton IMO. 

• Like 1

Knockeart is one of the best wingers in this league. He's Brightons best player from what I've heard and seen. Amavi kept him in his pocket for large parts of the game. Very impressed. Brighton wasn't a team that our full backs should be overlapping against. Weird seeing tactics in place. 

• Like 1

He made a mistake when he misjudged it and the ball went over his head. When the play broke down, he put his hands on his head and looked gutted he made a mistake. Solid, if unspectacular last night. Which, in keeping knockaert quiet, means he did a good job. 

On a side note, how easy do knockaert and skalak go down. It's quite frankly embarrassing.

6 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Brilliant today. Defensively sound, quicker to everything than his opponent and showed a willingness to get forward a bit more - culminating in his assist for our first goal. He's a quality footballer and exactly the type we need to hold onto.

I wonder if we would have kept hold of him if he wasn't injured last season? 

Chuffed for him and for us. He has come back from a horrendous injury and though he's understandably taken his time getting back up to speed he's looking an even better player than the one who went away. 

Having recently torn my MCL, which is not even in the same league as the ACL, I'm already fearful that I'll never be quite as confident just going for a run again. Never mind playing football to a high level. It has highlighted to me that as supporters, we often don't know what we're talking about when it comes to this kind of thing. 

• Like 1

Â