Dennis Praet

PieFacE

Out of all these players I had never seen or heard of before July, Praet excited me the most.

Fingers crossed, but it's starting to feel greedy now.

I don't care about being greedy. I want our squad to improve and players like Praet would do that.
Bring it on I say, two quality players for every place and get rid of our deadwood.

I am just not used to it, I am now thinking of how it could all go wrong rather than how it could all go right - but hey, I'm a Villa fan, that's what we do (nowadays). Good things no longer happen, do they?

Such is this window, I fully expect this to happen and will be disappointed if it doesn't.

I am very happy ;-)

Edited by thunderball

I feel we would go from strong competition, with young players that are just the age where they need competitive games to improve, to slightly bloated with another attacking midfielder. I want to see these guys develop and they won't do that with 10 games each a season.

• Like 1

Praet will expect to be starting.

I think it was either him or Veretout the way we're lining up.

I think Veretout can play the deep lying play maker role and would replace Westwood with Praet more in the attacking midfielder/link position. Gil will play further forward in the front three and compete with Grealish Sinclair Gabby and Traore. Wow we have options

Don't see any room here with Veretout here now and Westwood about to sign a new long term deal.

DOubt we would go a whole season of Sanchez, Gueye, VEretout and Westwood staying fit and not suspended so it makes sense to me especially as two are only getting used to the game in England

• Like 1

Don't see any room here with Veretout here now and Westwood about to sign a new long term deal.

DOubt we would go a whole season of Sanchez, Gueye, VEretout and Westwood staying fit and not suspended so it makes sense to me especially as two are only getting used to the game in England

and I'm assuming that at least one or two of these signings this summer will not work out based on the law of averages either through not fitting in the team or club or country, so we still need options.  Plus it's a squad game so we need options and a stronger bench.

We will lose a few to the African nations cup in 2017 so by having them here from the get go the ones not going will take over. Strength in depth. They all get used to playing in PL and we won't miss them as much. Just my take on it .

I think that's why Praet is being looked at. He is comfortable playing behind the striker and in the middle of the pitch.

That means we would have Sanchez and Westwood for the deeper role with the option of Gana playing there. Then in front we could choose between Gana, Veretout and Praet. Then if we needed 2 behind the striker we have Grealish, Gil, Praet, Cole and possibly Veretout if needed.

Edited by sexbelowsound

I remember reading alot about Veretout and he played in Westwoods role quite a bit. After seeing him the other day.. he is a lot bigger than i thought. I would think he wouldnt have a problem playing there.

Unsurprisingly it sounds like these stories the last few days were BS probably from the agents getting worried about whether they will flog him after all.

Kristof Terreur @HLNinEngeland 18m18 minutes ago

Our Anderlecht watcher @R_Nuyens says that there hasn't been any contact between #AVFCavfc.png and Dennis Praet for the last few weeks.

Unsurprisingly it sounds like these stories the last few days were BS probably from the agents getting worried about whether they will flog him after all.

Kristof Terreur ‏@HLNinEngeland 18m18 minutes ago

Our Anderlecht watcher @R_Nuyens says that there hasn't been any contact between #AVFCavfc.png and Dennis Praet for the last few weeks.

But Chris Heath said he'd sign this week.....

Â