The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

52 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Whoever the new leader is, they need to get rid of the people perceived as idiots, like McDonnell, Abbott etc - They make the party a laughing stock to working class people who aren't clued up politically.  

Ensure whomever the new people are, they are media trained, because as much as they are arseholes, the Tories don't give much away if they're being scruitinised.  Is it frustrating when they don't answer simple questions?  Yea, really - but they "look and appear strong" to "normal people". 

They need to raise an investigation into antisemitism and get that done, quickly.  They need to be as empathetic towards Jews who feel they are being ostracised, as Corbyn made terror groups made when he was trying to reach peace agreements and opened himself up to being a terrorist sympathiser. 

They need to become more professional, more presentable and less emotive.  

Jess Phillips for example, has good things to say, but when she looks like she's from a shit hole in Yardley, she's not going to get traction. 

Treat running the country like you'd go to the most important interview you've ever been to.  Impress people, state facts with confidence, know what you're talking about and you'd wipe the Tories out just matching their competence, without being a lying asshole who runs away from interviews.

If you want to nationalise everything, ensure you have a very clear communication on HOW YOU'RE GONNA AFFORD IT.  Everyone I've heard mention is laugh it off and say "how the **** are we gonna afford it?" - This is the information people need to know.  If you're gonna tax them more, say so.  If you're going to go for the rich, make a bigger deal of HOW you're gonna go after their money.  "Rich people will leave the country if that happens" is what I've heard several times from people.. They need more information. 

Between this election and the last election, I barely heard from Corbyn, he was no where to be seen or heard.  He's a good campaigner, but he's not constantly in the public eye, reinforcing the messages he should be.  

What slogans stick out to you for this election?  For me, it's "get brexit done" or "unleash britains potential" - all Tory.  I can't think of a labour one.. this is the shit that sticks in thicko's heads like mine. 

Any half competent Labour opposition, would have embarrassed the Tories in this election - it's a huge shame it hasn't.  

That said, another 5 years of Conservative government may actually wake the public up. 

The message hasn't been clear, or loud enough. It's one thing appearing to amicable and calm, but this country needs a leader. 

If you repeat Corbyn* is an idiot - Daily for 3 or 4 years - people are going to believe it

*Insert past labour leader - or future ones 

The Irony is Cameron, May, and Boris have been endorsed by the national press as the next great PM - and thats what  got us into this mess

The vote is given with one hand - but nullified by misinformation.

5 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Whoever the new leader is, they need to get rid of the people perceived as idiots, like McDonnell, Abbott etc - They make the party a laughing stock to working class people who aren't clued up politically.  

Ensure whomever the new people are, they are media trained, because as much as they are arseholes, the Tories don't give much away if they're being scruitinised.  Is it frustrating when they don't answer simple questions?  Yea, really - but they "look and appear strong" to "normal people". 

They need to raise an investigation into antisemitism and get that done, quickly.  They need to be as empathetic towards Jews who feel they are being ostracised, as Corbyn made terror groups made when he was trying to reach peace agreements and opened himself up to being a terrorist sympathiser. 

They need to become more professional, more presentable and less emotive.  

Jess Phillips for example, has good things to say, but when she looks like she's from a shit hole in Yardley, she's not going to get traction. 

Treat running the country like you'd go to the most important interview you've ever been to.  Impress people, state facts with confidence, know what you're talking about and you'd wipe the Tories out just matching their competence, without being a lying asshole who runs away from interviews.

If you want to nationalise everything, ensure you have a very clear communication on HOW YOU'RE GONNA AFFORD IT.  Everyone I've heard mention is laugh it off and say "how the **** are we gonna afford it?" - This is the information people need to know.  If you're gonna tax them more, say so.  If you're going to go for the rich, make a bigger deal of HOW you're gonna go after their money.  "Rich people will leave the country if that happens" is what I've heard several times from people.. They need more information. 

Between this election and the last election, I barely heard from Corbyn, he was no where to be seen or heard.  He's a good campaigner, but he's not constantly in the public eye, reinforcing the messages he should be.  

What slogans stick out to you for this election?  For me, it's "get brexit done" or "unleash britains potential" - all Tory.  I can't think of a labour one.. this is the shit that sticks in thicko's heads like mine. 

Any half competent Labour opposition, would have embarrassed the Tories in this election - it's a huge shame it hasn't.  

That said, another 5 years of Conservative government may actually wake the public up. 

The message hasn't been clear, or loud enough. It's one thing appearing to amicable and calm, but this country needs a leader. 

Or to turn this on its head. What would the tories need to do to lose the support of the press and the BBC.

I guess if Johnson actually got caught personally killing someone, as opposed to just having policies that kill people, that could make a difference, depending on who exactly he killed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Or to turn this on its head. What would the tories need to do to lose the support of the press and the BBC.

I guess if Johnson actually got caught personally killing someone, as opposed to just having policies that kill people, that could make a difference, depending on who exactly he killed.

I think as this election campaign has moved forward to its conclusion, the Tories are increasingly showing themselves to be inept and incompetent. 

Interviewing no shows, despite every other available party doing theirs, taking peoples phones away, constantly refusing to answer simple questions involving simple numbers, creepy appearances from Matt Hancock, the disappearance of Reece-Mogg and Boris in the fridge yesterday. 

The closer the magnifying glass is moved, the more we're seeing them squirm. 

Eventually (and sadly it won't be today/tomorrow I imagine), they won't just be shooting their own toes off.. they'll press the nuclear button whilst it's hovering over number 10. 

11 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Do we think Labour are going to have a rethink on their leadership or are they going to double down?

A new leader yes - but a different type of leader - really not sure.

I don't sense an appetite in the labour party for a return to a more centrist leader. 

6 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

I think as this election campaign has moved forward to its conclusion, the Tories are increasingly showing themselves to be inept and incompetent. 

Interviewing no shows, despite every other available party doing theirs, taking peoples phones away, constantly refusing to answer simple questions involving simple numbers, creepy appearances from Matt Hancock, the disappearance of Reece-Mogg and Boris in the fridge yesterday. 

The closer the magnifying glass is moved, the more we're seeing them squirm. 

Eventually (and sadly it won't be today/tomorrow I imagine), they won't just be shooting their own toes off.. they'll press the nuclear button whilst it's hovering over number 10. 

When you're 3-0 up with an hour gone - you don't need to sparkle - you just make sure you don't loose. 

37 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Do we think Labour are going to have a rethink on their leadership or are they going to double down?

The rabid "I'm considerably more left than yow" **** aren't going anywhere without a fight. There's a gaping chasm for a centrist party IMO.

• Like 2

Just now, Davkaus said:

The rabid "I'm considerably more left than yow" **** aren't going anywhere without a fight. There's a gaping chasm for a centrist party IMO.

A chasm that won't be filled in FPTP

• Like 1

Obviously it won't feel like it to those who are totally in tune with Corbyns version of the Labour party but if as seems clear now the Labour party needs to change if they are to get near winning another election then to lose big may not be a bad thing as you'd hope it would bring about that change.

Like many I agree with a lot of Labours policies and I'd imagine they could take a lot of them forward. Clearly though this election has shown that the country will not vote for a far left government and I think those on the far left of the party need to decide if it is better to have a centre ground Labour government or a far left Labour party forever in opposition.

Edited by markavfc40

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Nah, **** that. World (Possibly just Western World) is heading down a really dangerous path. Nothing to do with Labour being left, everything to do with hate on the other side. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

Obviously it won't feel like it to those who are totally in tune with Corbyns version of the Labour party but if as seems clear now the Labour party needs to change if they are to get near winning another election then to lose big may not be a bad thing as you'd hope it would bring about that change.

Like many I agree with a lot of Labours policies and I'd imagine they could take a lot of them forward. Clearly though this election has shown that the country will not vote for a far left government and I think those on the far left of the party need to decide if it is better to have a centre ground Labour government or a far left Labour party forever in opposition.

I really wouldn't bank on labour changing direction. The daft free for all the way they elect a leader has been incredibly damaging.

A raft of right wing policy announcement from Boris will aid the left of the party. Corbyn staying on until a left wing candidate is in place to take over.....you can see the plan.

The writing has been on the wall for Labour ever since JC took over. He's ostracised half of his party, pushed very popular MP's out and been a total shambles when it comes to internal dealings as well as media presence.

Send him back to his allotment and put someone in place who can credibly defend Labour's policies without having to constantly contend with JC's colourful past. In the social media age you can't be seen to have held the views and associates JC has had over the years. He was never meant to be party leader - rather a grouchy old back bench MP who constantly protested his own party. He can take McDonnell, Abbott, Livingstone, Walker, Galloway etc and make his own utopian party, that way we'd be rid of a lot of bad eggs in one swoop. 

7 hours ago, Davkaus said:

There's a gaping chasm for a centrist party IMO.

There isn't. The actually existing centre party did terribly and its leader lost her seat. The other centre party, the one that only started this year, no longer exists on a meaningful level as every MP that joined it has quit or lost their seat. Meanwhile, the two main parties combined for nearly 80% of the vote again. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

There isn't. The actually existing centre party did terribly and its leader lost her seat. The other centre party, the one that only started this year, no longer exists on a meaningful level as every MP that joined it has quit or lost their seat. Meanwhile, the two main parties combined for nearly 80% of the vote again. 

I should have said a credible centrist party. The lib dems were never going to gain much once they came out with immediately revoke article 59,and Swinson was almost universally disliked. 

I mean, I know we're now in 'angry reaction' mode, but it's not going to help put things right to completely misremember recent history:

38 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

The writing has been on the wall for Labour ever since JC took over. 

Some of your comment is fair enough, but the quoted just isn't true. The 2017 election did happen, however much it was lost last night, and Labour were frequently ahead in the polls until January this year. We can debate what proportion of what followed was the remorseless logic of Labour's Brexit-divided base, versus what proportion was voters deciding they just didn't like Corbyn for various reasons, but the quoted statement isn't true. 

Â