The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

16 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I'm still not sure that gives the press the right to lie about her.

iirc, this particular story originated with  Louise Ellman and they reported Ellman's story

Edit: I don't know why they'd need to either. there;s plenty of dirt on Audrey White, lying isn't needed

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

She's not a pensioner, then?

Well, she's 68 and a member of Liverpool Pensioners' Association.

On the other hand, the Jewish Chronicle says she lied about her age, by 44 years, so perhaps she's tricked people into thinking she's a pensioner.

On 22/11/2019 at 19:52, Seat68 said:

Is a neutral stance on Brexit the same role he took prior to the referendum. 

I think it is but irrespective of that, it’s the right stance to take as a potential leader.

Cameron should never have planted his or the governments flag in the ground on either side because as soon as he did the opposite vote became the protest vote, the vote ‘against the establishment’.

But I think he knew that and is 100% complicit in everything that’s happened since then as far as I’m concerned.

3 hours ago, bickster said:

iirc, this particular story originated with  Louise Ellman and they reported Ellman's story

Edit: I don't know why they'd need to either. there;s plenty of dirt on Audrey White, lying isn't needed

Which still makes the paper liable for publishing it.

You can tell Labour are coming up in the polls. The Jewish Labour Movement's EHRC submission 'leaked'. And one of the panel at the EHRC decided it was perfectly good and proper to go through said submission and nicely highlight all the juicy allegations with the not so subtle implication it was all 100% verified truth.

The timing and those involved are simply amazingly coincidental. And it being amplified by someone involved in the EHRC only supports the feeling that this is going to be a fair and just investigation.

Came home to a yellow team leaflet.

Awe, it's cute they wasted the money to print and distribute it. Even bothered to ferry a Londoner up as the candidate for a couple of hours to take some photos around here. Also has the patented stupid bar chart, although this one does say that they're only making gains. In the same way tortoise makes gains on a hare.

Corbyn supposedly did well in the debate tonight.

Expect a rabbi to recall a time Corbyn force fed him a bacon sarnie very soon. Despite Corbyn being veggie. Across the front pages.

Also, despite his apparently doing rather well, Johnson still was down as 'winning' in at least 1 poll.

Country's ****.

Corbyn  did ok .almost let his nice grandad mask slip  and went into snarl mode but reigned it back in , Corbyn also let Johnson speak to much ,at times it looked like he was deferring to him. 

for every let’s get Brexit done , Corbyn had his sell the NHS to America mantra on auto  repeat ...it was a better format without the activists hijacking it but both were able to trot their stuff out relatively  unchallenged and thus a bit tedious.

I think from the audience POV Corbyn won on the NHS , and got some good hits on racism so was able to deflect  the AS stuff Johnson’s IRA line hit home and Johnson won on crime and the EU , mainly as Corbyn is so very weak on both ....rest of it was pretty much not very memorable 

in terms of winning you’d have it as a bore draw , Johnson seemed more in his comfort zone than the last debate and he got a couple of decent quips in , he wasn’t quite as rambling so I’m sure his team are happy ... Corbyns  team probably equally happy , he got his message across and he didn’t get caught in any traps 

that said , this is VT which almost certainly  saw it differently and had Corbyn winning by a landslide even though they aren’t supporters ,  whilst Johnson impregnated an audience member 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

that said , this is VT which almost certainly  saw it differently and had Corbyn winning by a landslide even though they aren’t supporters ,  whilst Johnson impregnated an audience member

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

mantra on auto  repeat

• Haha 2

Just thinking what will happen beyond Thursday when it is nailed on that Labour won't get a majority which you'd think would mean Corbyn is done as leader.

If the Tories get a majority then Corbyn is immediately finished. If the Tories are the biggest party but can't form a government then I'd imagine Labour could get enough support to form a government to force through a referendum but that may come with the demand from other parties that Corbyn steps down. The only way I can see Corbyn staying in power for a few months is if he leads a government of national unity through a referendum to be quickly followed by an election which he won't be leader for.

As for who would replace him I'd imagine Starmer would be in the mix and a number of younger MP's in Piddock, Rayner and perhaps Jess Phillips.

9 minutes ago, snowychap said:

You on the right and me on the left, I presume?

Ha , that kinda works but nothing that clever I’m in the arse end of nowhere and my phone signal is at yogurt carton and string speeds so i thought nothing was loading hence I hit the buttons repeatedly thinking nothing was happening  ... surprised it didn’t load about 23 images !!

8 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Just thinking what will happen beyond Thursday when it is nailed on that Labour won't get a majority which you'd think would mean Corbyn is done as leader.

If the Tories get a majority then Corbyn is immediately finished. If the Tories are the biggest party but can't form a government then I'd imagine Labour could get enough support to form a government to force through a referendum but that may come with the demand from other parties that Corbyn steps down. The only way I can see Corbyn staying in power for a few months is if he leads a government of national unity through a referendum to be quickly followed by an election which he won't be leader for.

As for who would replace him I'd imagine Starmer would be in the mix and a number of younger MP's in Piddock, Rayner and perhaps Jess Phillips.

There's no chance that the membership will vote for Jess Phillips. None whatsoever.

Â