The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

There's no obvious reason to think that Labour's current policies are unelectable, when they received 41% of the vote last time out, a better result than any since 2001. They're pretty clearly being held back by a leader who is now the most unpopular opposition leader of all time heading into an election. In fact, when you consider that drag on their polling, it's pretty remarkable they look set to score in the mid 30's anyway. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

There just isn't a balance.

Both parties have a serious problem. Yet people namecheck Corbyn directly when it comes to antisemitism, despite him never saying anything antisemitic, yet ignore both The Tory party's issue with Islamophobia, and Johnson's own comments on Muslims.

It's because Corbyn is Satan.

Just now, bickster said:

Well apart from them not winning in 2010,2015,2017 and probably 2019

I assumed you were talking about the left of the party, in which case the first two elections in that list are irrelevant. 

If you weren't, and it was just a general 'anyone who would lead the Labour party must be a muppet because only muppets like Labour' then fair enough, but that isn't particularly suggestive of any individual approach to take next. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

This is worth a (long) read on the Labour AS issue

Clicky for article on medium

Great balanced read. It undresses Momentum\Corbyn\Canary's bunker mentality to a T. 

"Oh my god, Sky has found someone in our party calling for Jews being "relocated" - it must be a lie! Let's all dismiss it before it even gets to the point where this person can be removed from our "anti-racist" party."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rodders said:

Thanks for posting this. Very enlightening, and I confess I've very much underestimated the depth of the problem myself.

It's not quite the masterpiece it's made out to be from a quick scan.

It repeats the same old stuff we've heard again and again, much debunked, and appears it falls into it's own trap of conflating Israel and Jewish which is itself anti-Semitic.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chindie said:

It's not quite the masterpiece it's made out to be from a quick scan.

It repeats the same old stuff we've heard again and again, much debunked, and appears it falls into it's own trap of conflating Israel and Jewish which is itself anti-Semitic.

Yes, it's very much the same old stuff.  Though I could only get half way through.

12 hours ago, Xann said:

Anyone suggesting shutting the tax exploits and rebalancing wealth will be 'unelectable'.

Just kick the can down the street whilst the Tory filth sell everything.

Your kids can pick up the bigger mess down the line, eh?

We're about to find out one way or the other, Dave.

15 minutes ago, blandy said:

We're about to find out one way or the other, Dave.

Not if we blow them up.

You and me Mate.

We'll need some fertilizer and a helicopter, one that can carry fertilizer if poss?

Pete and Dave's Kamikaze Helicopter Westminster Fireball Spectacular Night will be celebrated by a grateful UK across the centuries.

I'll source the fertilizer.

Who can fly a helicopter that just wants to die?

Do you know Prince Andrew? 

Best PR move he could make under the circumstances.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

He has to step down if the result is what is being predicted though.

Pretty sure he will. The question for me is has the momentum group run out of steam - Corbyn won't want to step down and hand the leadership to a moderate centre left leader. Momentum seemed to have an endless supply of students to elect  the next leader - but it all seems to have gone a bit quiet.

20 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

If Corbyn's legacy is to have shifted the Overton Window enough to allow a Labour Government in 5 years that's further left than the previous one then it will have been a decent one.

What carry on the same and suddenly expect the electorate to elect a labour government ?  - Just bashing the Tories will get you so far - but not into number 10.

9 hours ago, Xann said:

Not if we blow them up.

You and me Mate.

I’m currently reading:

ELlFh_jXYAAmvM3?format=jpg&name=large

Not really in any sort of reference book way, but one of my main take always from it so far, it’s probably best not to tell everyone you know what you intend to do.

Other interesting bit, they tunnelled for weeks to get under Westminster, ended up under an empty store room in Parliament. Realising it was empty, they made enquiries and rented it and just carried all the gunpowder in! I’d be **** annoyed if I’d just spent a month digging with a spoon and carrying dirt out in my trouser pockets to secretly and silently get to a room that’s available to rent. But I guess that pretty much sums up the London property market.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, hippo said:

What carry on the same and suddenly expect the electorate to elect a labour government ?  - Just bashing the Tories will get you so far - but not into number 10.

Policy wise yes, carry on the same.  The media hatchet job and supposed terrorist links are what have done Corbyn in.

Also the next guy needs to be more of a knob.  People love a knob for some reason.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Policy wise yes, carry on the same.  The media hatchet job and supposed terrorist links are what have done Corbyn in.

Also the next guy needs to be more of a knob.  People love a knob for some reason.

I reckon Mr Tumble could win it. People will smile and say he's good with the little ones of all races and disabilities. Plus he's a cheeky chappy so yes please, lets have him run the country. Don't need any of that policy stuff muddying the thought process.

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

I reckon Mr Tumble could win it. People will smile and say he's good with the little ones of all races and disabilities. Plus he's a cheeky chappy so yes please, lets have him run the country. Don't need any of that policy stuff muddying the thought process.

Mr Blobby would be better, speaks more sense than the current lot

• Like 2

Â