PauloBarnesi

Hard to say but I think he underachieved at Croatia, they were good enough in 2008 to go further than they did as should have beaten Turkey and probably would have Germany again

WC 2010 qualifying was poor too, really. Won all 6 of the games against the bottom 3 sides, couldn't pick up a single win against England/Ukraine (with a -7 goal difference), which isn't very good with the side he had.

His stock seems to have fallen a fair bit in the last couple of years. Suppose this is about as well as West Ham could do, not as attractive a job as they thought when they wrote up their shortlist with names like Benitez and Klopp on it.

Hard to say but I think he underachieved at Croatia, they were good enough in 2008 to go further than they did as should have beaten Turkey and probably would have Germany again

WC 2010 qualifying was poor too, really. Won all 6 of the games against the bottom 3 sides, couldn't pick up a single win against England/Ukraine (with a -7 goal difference), which isn't very good with the side he had.

And whilst in Turkey finished 3rd in a 3 team league.

I think that ranting and raving showing passion on the touchline blinds some fans of actual ability.

I quite like bilix, bit of a nut job, runs up and down the line, does the whole passion thing perfectly but he isn't a long term manager, its going to last 3 seasons tops.

Edited by Jimzk5

Interestingly going to announce a 'major new signing in the next 24 hrs'. It had better be good or their fans will be miffed!

Zlatan?? Looking to move from PSG last year of his contract could he be looking for one last pay day? Although Milan are interested in him.

Looks like the signing is this Pedro Obiang fella from Sampdoria. I must admit that before today I had never heard of him, but I don't follow Italian football so that doesn't necessarily mean alot.

Interestingly going to announce a 'major new signing in the next 24 hrs'. It had better be good or their fans will be miffed!

Zlatan?? Looking to move from PSG last year of his contract could he be looking for one last pay day? Although Milan are interested in him.

image.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The whole thing stinks. So Wet Spam pay around 5% of the total redevelopment cost and get all the benefits of a new ground and increased revenue. They've already sold The Boleyn Ground for around £60m so they're going to be quids in.

Their FFP figures are certainly going to allow for some hefty spending

Edited by benireduk

It's balls, isn't it?  I still don't get why West Ham didn't have to give up the Boleyn as part of the deal for getting the Olympic Stadium for next to nothing.    

I'd love to see the Commonwealth Games come to Birmingham one day but I know the price we pay to see it here would include giving that lot from Small Heath a new stadium for free and quite frankly, **** that. 

• 1 month later...

1-0 down to a Maltese team in Europa League and Tomkins sent off and not exactly a weak team out  :lol:

blast from the past Fabrizio Miccoli scored

Edited by Zatman

1-0 down to a Maltese team in Europa League and Tomkins sent off and not exactly a weak team out  :lol:

blast from the past Fabrizio Miccoli scored

I want them to win and a long, fruitless, Europa campaign to follow.

• Like 1

Â