PauloBarnesi

Apart from a few years in the 90s when it was United, its always and probably always be Liverpool, I hate that club to the core.

West Ham however are up there. Having them shites running the club and somehow getting an almost free stadium and wanky fans puts them in the top 6 definitely.

Apart from a few years in the 90s when it was United, its always and probably always be Liverpool, I hate that club to the core.

West Ham however are up there. Having them shites running the club and somehow getting an almost free stadium and wanky fans puts them in the top 6 definitely.

Oh Liverpool are excluded as they are in a special club of one I detest them.

But West Ham, blimey there are just so so many reasons to really dislike them.

• Like 2

I used to really dislike West Ham but now I can't be bothered, very much like Newcastle.

Seems like both teams go down and I'm happy and I can't be bothered to despise them anymore.

With them it's always been the disproportionate level of coverage they get in the Nationals compared to say us or Everton.

12. What they did and got away with doing to Sheff United

still baffled how a football club can sign not one, but two players without the correct paperwork in place and play them, continue to play them and get away with a fine. **** disgraceful.

12. What they did and got away with doing to Sheff United

still baffled how a football club can sign not one, but two players without the correct paperwork in place and play them, continue to play them and get away with a fine. **** disgraceful.

Yep, not to mention do it knowingly and try and lie about it to get out of it.

Oh in previous forms of VT with the West Ham threads I was on about those reasons as much as you guys are now (I know Pablopiccaso was an old poster who despised them aswell).

Now I just can't be bothered with them really, they're just there in mid table and not threatening in either way.

How many times have they actually finished in the top 6 in recent times, even in dismal last 10 years I still reckon the run of three top 6s under MON is more than they've had in last 30 years.

So, it appears to be kick West Ham day.  I'll bite.  And kick, obviously, they love a scrap don't they them loveable Green Street Hooligan rogues!

Growing up in Essex is hard on a football fan.  Luckily I chose early.  And I chose well.  Almost all Essex football types are the worst.  It's all Spurs and West Ham with a few try-too-hard Leyton Orient 'purists'.  A lot of the 'spooky' new immigrants from Africa and the Islamic World are Arsenal, so naturally I have a soft spot for Wenger's velvet warriors.  The Spurs and West Ham fans may appear to be quite similar beasts but there is a significance difference.

The trajectory of many football fans goes like this: Dad or older brother introduces you, you love it, you play it, you get emotional, it has the drama and emotion of fantasies and stories, but with the pure fun of a game.  So, it's great.  Naturally, you're hooked.  You couldn't quit if you tried.  It's a life sentence.  But there comes a time when the football fan becomes status-aware.  Some teams are more fashionable than others.  Sports can get you girls, or at least give you the illusion of a meaty chase.  Adolescent stags jostle for position, and so on.  Haircuts are changed, slang is adopted, the 'family' becomes the tribe (or worse 'the gang'), your team becomes a chance to express, and exaggerate, your newfound boymanliness.  Maybe a shirt is burned in the process, say Southgate 96 or Ronaldo '06.  So you walk and talk like you own the place.  Until...  the hormones fade, real life takes over, you realise the aggro ain't worth it and you settle into a nice quiet life of fists-clenched beside the sofa/under the office desk/holding the firstborn (delete as appropriate) with the occasional violent burst of passion.  Because it is, after all, the beautiful game and you genuinely love it for what it is.  You dream of finding someone special enough to tell them just how real your secret love is.

Yet some people get stuck in phase two well past the time when the phrase 'sloppy seconds' or 'jagerbomb' has any cultural capital.  And they mix the ardours of real life with the pumped machismo of lad football culture.  And the haircuts become tattoos and mannered struts.  And the 'colourful' banter becomes threats shouted at passersby and tourettes obscenities muttered under cidery breath.  And they still think the same thing about girls, like Don Logan in Sexy Beast (who is of course a Hammer).  And perhaps a shirt, or two, is burned, a hilarious stag-night prank or your best mates in a pique of misplaced jealous rage.  And they walk like they own the place, but know their time is up.  So they proceed to headbutt the clock.  These are West Ham fans and they're as real as West Side Story, give or take a few sly elbows and glassings.  And this is why we don't want them playing in our park.  The beautiful game they are not.

But how about the difference between these guys and Spurs fans?  Well, Spurs fans wanna be like the Hammers, they just don't have the balls.

• Like 3

Here's anothe reason to dislike them

West-Ham-United-15-16-Away-Kit%2B%25281%

The absolute cheek of that! They literally won the right to copy our colours in a bet!

We won a league and cup double in claret and blue a decade before they even existed.

Outrageous revisionist history. They've been around long enough not to have to make shit up to market themselves

Â