Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Buying players like a smaller version of Manchester City. So Paul Lambert wasn't a bad manager after all since Tim Sherwood has no confidence in making it work with any player who was playing under Lambert.

Buying players like a smaller version of Manchester City. So Paul Lambert wasn't a bad manager after all since Tim Sherwood has no confidence in making it work with any player who was playing under Lambert.

I think Tim would have liked to have kept Benteke and Delph, plus contracts were offered to Cleverly and Vlaar also. All the rest of Lamberts signings were crap, except maybe Westwood who's useful.

But Lambert couldn't get those players to play, otherwise he'd still be in a job.

It's arguable that Sherwood got more out of the players than Lambert did, so i don't really see your argument.

regardless of the quality of the players, we had a team who were used to and on the face of it easily accepted losing, are you really saying that the mass change of personnel won't at least bring a new refreshed attitude.

• Like 2

I am sorry to say this, but I don't like all this buying...Feels like something Tottenham and West Ham would do. Yes, the team is better, but being a supporter is being able to identify with players. Right now, all is left from a potential starting line up is Guzan, Gabby and Clark. If they are replaced with new players...well it does not feel like my team anymore.

This makes no sense. How did you feel when the players you identify with replaced other villa players when they signed? Aston Villa has been around for a long time and it doesn't feel like your club because some shit players who were here for a few years have been replaced? Makes no sense to me.
And they were absolute shit. In 23 years supporting the club they were close to being the worst collectively I've had the misfortune to watch.

I never really warmed to Benteke despite his obvious talent, Delph I maybe did but the way he left was a perfect bookend. The rest can go **** themselves. Utterly hopeless.

Charming.

And they say there is no loyalty in football...

What sort of silly statement is that. Lambert and his players were taking us down.

The same Sherwood who got Lambert's players playing better than Lambert could?

The team last year wasn't good enough and we've lost our two best players on top of that so big changes were needed. 

• Like 2

I am sorry to say this, but I don't like all this buying...Feels like something Tottenham and West Ham would do. Yes, the team is better, but being a supporter is being able to identify with players. Right now, all is left from a potential starting line up is Guzan, Gabby and Clark. If they are replaced with new players...well it does not feel like my team anymore.

It is the club you should be supporting, not any particular team of players.

I really do not identity with players at all. Players come and go, the club is constant.

I can admire players and get excited about them when they play for us, but that is as far as I go.

• Like 2

This makes no sense. How did you feel when the players you identify with replaced other villa players when they signed? Aston Villa has been around for a long time and it doesn't feel like your club because some shit players who were here for a few years have been replaced? Makes no sense to me.
And they were absolute shit. In 23 years supporting the club they were close to being the worst collectively I've had the misfortune to watch.

I never really warmed to Benteke despite his obvious talent, Delph I maybe did but the way he left was a perfect bookend. The rest can go **** themselves. Utterly hopeless.

Charming.

And they say there is no loyalty in football...

We shouldn't be loyal to shit players who are only good enough to enable us to just survive in this league. 

Well, people on here criticize Manchester City and Chelsea for buying the title, but Villa are no different. Just a team with less money, buying players of lesser quality.

The same Sherwood who got Lambert's players playing better than Lambert could?

The team last year wasn't good enough and we've lost our two best players on top of that so big changes were needed. 

Nah, we should have kept most of them and continued the Lambert transfer policy forward, that way, despite being absolutely shite, it will still feel like 'our team'. 

LOL what an absolute load of tripe, probably the biggest load of BS I've ever read on this forum. 

• Like 1

Well, people on here criticize Manchester City and Chelsea for buying the title, but Villa are no different. Just a team with less money, buying players of lesser quality.

Errr, wut? You mean like every club in the world?

This is not the Manchester City or Chelsea thread so, don't understand your point.

Sounds like you'd be more suited to lower league football. Nothing wrong with that, but it's not for me.

Rather than.... 

I don't think you really have a good grasp of what you're against here. Maybe have a think about it and let us know.

Haha what on earth is your point?

• Like 1

Yeah...no.