Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

The thing is you identify with lots of players. I have been watching villa for over 30 years and i identify with many many players who have graced VP - if I am honest far more than I do the current crop who have under performed. Players move on, so what. The changes we are seeing are an opportunity to see new players, some of whom could turn out to be future villa heros that we will remember fondly for years to come. I loved watching Benteke when he was on song, but I won't miss any of the others tbh. I want to see top quality players representing the club and moving us forward - am I excited to see how these young ambitious players do and once they sign for us the bond is made and they have my full support until it is their time to move on.

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 2

There are no heroes in football anymore in my opinion. I'll support them whilst they play for the shirt but when they've gone I have no interest in them. For all I care Benteke can go on and be the best player in the world or a complete flop. Unless he is doing it in a Villa shirt I couldn't care less.

Put it this way, I care more about Mark Bunn now than I do Benteke or the snake.

My thoughts exactly 

Darder to Lyon €5m.

I don't see us signing any more midfield players now. We've replaced delph and cleverly and Sherwood loved Westwood. We've also got Sanchez coming back from a decent summer tournament and Gardner waiting for a chance.

See I like this : Gueye--Westwood--Veretout

This not so much: Bacuna--Sanchez--Gardner

mind you there's always Richardson....

Sanchez and Gardner could both be brilliant this season, we don't know yet ;) Bacuna I don't think is suited to playing in a midfield 3, an attacking 3, or as a fullback/wingback. Not part of the engine room though for me. 

Clark could do a job as the holding midfielder if needed, we could just tell Cole not to leave the center circle and play around him too ;)