Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

The last time we made such radical changes as this Big Ron changed us from pathetic whipping boys to second best team in the country inside two years.

Sign me up for some of the football we played back then, and the goals we scored.

said the same the other day and again all funded by the record sale of our best player

Big Ron was an experienced manager though.

For all the talk of time to settle, we finished 7th in BFR'S first season. I don't see us being anywhere near that this season.

I totally agree about Bacuna but I honestly think that's what Sherwood's plan A and B are if he's playing a 3 like Gueye alluded to after signing. I personally would love another midfielder as we may have upgraded/replaced Delph and Cleverley but we haven't added any strength in depth. If Gardner makes the 25 and gets his chance it's a massive season for him. Bacuna and or Richardson are the options after 2 injuries, unless he thinks Mason and/or Calder can step up.

I totally agree about Bacuna but I honestly think that's what Sherwood's plan A and B are if he's playing a 3 like Gueye alluded to after signing. I personally would love another midfielder as we may have upgraded/replaced Delph and Cleverley but we haven't added any strength in depth. If Gardner makes the 25 and gets his chance it's a massive season for him. Bacuna and or Richardson are the options after 2 injuries, unless he thinks Mason and/or Calder can step up.

Be great to see some more promotion from the academy, if he throws them in then they'll be good enough, it's Sherwoods only area of lasting experience other than as a player. So maybe he does see the depth as being provided by the academy lads, Mason was well thought of at Southampton IIRC? Supposed to be a rising star etc.

I'd love us to work that way, so hopefully he does think we have quality coming through.

See I like this : Gueye--Westwood--Veretout

This not so much: Bacuna--Sanchez--Gardner

mind you there's always Richardson....

Sanchez and Gardner could both be brilliant this season, we don't know yet ;) Bacuna I don't think is suited to playing in a midfield 3, an attacking 3, or as a fullback/wingback. Not part of the engine room though for me. 

Clark could do a job as the holding midfielder if needed, we could just tell Cole not to leave the center circle and play around him too ;)

Sanchez might come good this season, but Gardner I do not think will make it in the Premier League. We do not have enough centre backs that we can afford to move our best one to midfield.

Be great to see some more promotion from the academy, if he throws them in then they'll be good enough, it's Sherwoods only area of lasting experience other than as a player. So maybe he does see the depth as being provided by the academy lads, Mason was well thought of at Southampton IIRC? Supposed to be a rising star etc.

I'd love us to work that way, so hopefully he does think we have quality coming through.

Yeah, I really wasn't surprised to see us linked with the likes of Holgate, and I wouldn't be surprised if he came in before the deadline. U21, no squad space needed, a manager with a reputation for blooding the nippers and a team that will give you a bit of time. The problem with him heading off to Utd or somewhere like Chelsea is you're one bad game away from not making the first team again for a long time if at all and a career on loan till your mid 20's like Sinclair/Sturridge. The Mason signing was so under the radar its not true and like you I think he might feature a fair bit this season.

• Like 2

Gardner going back to Forest?

Where'd you hear that? loan?

Just a whisper.

Well that was careless 

The Sun: Aston Villa will let Gary Gardner return to Nottingham Forest. The midfielder, 23, who is out for a few weeks with an ankle ligament injury, impressed on loan at the City Ground last term.

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~4904736,00.html

I remember about a year ago someone said we should sign a young up and coming striker from the Norwegian league and he looked like an absolute beast. Anyone know who that was and how he's developed over the past year?

I remember about a year ago someone said we should sign a young up and coming striker from the Norwegian league and he looked like an absolute beast. Anyone know who that was and how he's developed over the past year?

This lad?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-3036962/Martin-Odegaard-s-Real-Madrid-troubles-continue-Spanish-newspaper-refuse-Norwegian-wonderkid-rating.html

Are you thinking of Pione Sisto - He is Danish rather than Norweigan and a winger rather than a striker.

But he does look a beast.

That's the one!!

Can we sign him please? :D

He looks a raw talent like Bolassie. 

Edited by PieFacE