Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

We will just have to do a Southampton job. No reason the XI couldn't be better despite losing a few key players, especially when we have been linked with some exciting talent. We go again.

Yes but the problem with that is Southampton were willing to reinvest. We will not.

So 8 million for delph and 32.5 million for tekkers gives us 40.5 million on top of whatever we already have to spend and lots of names off the wage bill lately. no reason we cant sign all 5 of the players with their own links at the bottom of this page as well as Austin for 15 million, For me I think its better to have 6 good players than 2 very good players as an injury to one doesnt have as much impact on your next few fixtures.

We will just have to do a Southampton job. No reason the XI couldn't be better despite losing a few key players, especially when we have been linked with some exciting talent. We go again.

Yes but the problem with that is Southampton were willing to reinvest. We will not.

We've already looked like spending more money than in the last few years before we've even got any Delph or Benteke cash. Southampton didn't spend all the cash they got in anyway.

If someone triggers the release clause for Benteke then we'll have no choice but to deal with it. It's not nailed on that we'd be relegated, we'd have £32.5m to bring in a replacement for Benteke and we're already putting in offers for other players so there is other money there to spend too from the looks of things.

It's still early in the window and as good as Delph is he's not irreplaceable. I think I must have been in the minority for thinking he's flattered to deceive a bit these last couple of years. I think it's mainly down to how bad the rest of our midfield and the squad as a whole has been. If we start getting some more players in and we land the sorts of exciting targets that we've been linked to as of late then I think we have a perfectly good shot.

The spine of a truly shit team.

Not saying that means they are poor players but we can still look at building a different kind of team which could be better.

Too right. Really shit. Imagine what the team will be like when we're only left with the really shit players.

Whilst Randy hoovers up that lovely television money. 

• Like 2

Its bloody depressing! I would say the last player to leave villa park please turn the light off because Randy is complaining about the electric bill but he has already been over to do that.... lol!

Anyone else think we are going to make a profit on player transfer fees this summer?

There's no doubt about it is there?

The £32m we get from Benteke will be going straight in Lerner's pocket with a cheeky 'Not enough time to spend it, lads!'.

Anyone else think we are going to make a profit on player transfer fees this summer?

I wouldn't rule it out, and I wouldn't say it would necessarily be that bad a thing. There is plenty of decent value for money out there if you look hard enough.

So 8 million for delph and 32.5 million for tekkers gives us 40.5 million on top of whatever we already have to spend and lots of names off the wage bill lately. no reason we cant sign all 5 of the players with their own links at the bottom of this page as well as Austin for 15 million, For me I think its better to have 6 good players than 2 very good players as an injury to one doesnt have as much impact on your next few fixtures.

It won't be on top. If we get that, we spent that.

Yes. I daid this a few pages ago. This is exactly what I feared. We have been shocking for last few seasons but our best players were Guzan, Vlaar, Delph and Benteke at various points. You could also argue Bent's goals kept us up when he signed. Only Guzan has a realistic chance of staying. The others have gone, nearly gone or pretty much guaranteed at some point!

I genuinely think we're screwed. We've finished 17th last season. The top players were Delph, Benteke, Grealish and Cleverley. We'll have one left.

The season starts in less than a month. We've also sold or released Weimann, Lowton, Given who featured at least in part as well as a few other players who weren't involved heavily in Sylla, Bent, Luna, Herd. We've brought in Sinclair for nominal, Richards on a free and Bunn on a free. A weak team a lot weaker.

No, today I don't have patience. Today I'm done. Im going to enjoy my last season as a Premier League season ticket holder and look forward to my first as a Championship season ticket holder!

I can't see Villa spending enough to compensate for the losses. I can't see Villa spending enough to even tread water. I certainly can't see us spending enough to go in to next season with an improved squad.

So a crap team has spent the summer getting even worse.

The most disappointing thing about the Delph thing is that the club wasn't looking at signing the types of player who might be half decent, it's just the Delph money.

We've spent nothing on players in the past three years. We've finished 17th. And they don't care one bit.

• Like 1