Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

I dont rate Delph FWIW. the team is shit as it is because of these players. Im happy for us to clean the slate completely if thats necessary. Only Benteke for me really is indispensible 

9 million signing is not to be sniffed at when we spend think 4 million all last summer

Don't get that. So we should be happy when we spend more money but the team get worse? Gueye who I never seen I doubt is better than Delph.

we probably said the same when we brought Benteke! I think that we are at lest going for a better level of player than all the deadwood we finally got rid of

9 million signing is not to be sniffed at when we spend think 4 million all last summer

We've not spent £9m, we'll have spent £1m as this is just Delph money. On less wages. Not even taking in to account the fact we've also lost the wages of Given, Bent, Weimann, Lowton, Vlaar and Cleverley of note.

Not saying this is the end of our dealings but, AS IT STANDS, our bank balance is a lot healthier than it was. The team on the other hand is a lot smaller and notably worse. Not encouraging when we finished last season 17th.

Don't get that. So we should be happy when we spend more money but the team get worse? Gueye who I never seen I doubt is better than Delph.

we probably said the same when we brought Benteke! I think that we are at lest going for a better level of player than all the deadwood we finally got rid of

Not even close to compare to Benteke. If he was that big of a midfield talent he would be playing for Paris SG.

Not even close to compare to Benteke. If he was that big of a midfield talent he would be playing for Paris SG.

could say if Benteke was that good of a forward talent he be playing for a bigger team as well ;)

• Like 1

could say if Benteke was that good of a forward talent he be playing for a bigger team as well ;)

That is just stupid and you know it. Age is a factor here.

Smoke and mirrors. Same every year. Lerner is getting rumbled this summer. Id rather they continue to say nothing than PR shit coming from fox. 'We are a big club' then fecking start running it like one.

It works and he knows it. A different ploy but the same smoke and mirrors. Lerner is a disease.

Indications are we are still chasing Townsend, him, Richards, Gueye would not be a bad start in all honesty. As has been said we might have a blessing in disguise starting over. Building a capable Squad. I trust Tim to get it right. NEEDS to be backed to the hilt this summer as the teams around us are seriously strengthening.

• Like 2

Indications are we are still chasing Townsend, him, Richards, Gueye would not be a bad start in all honesty. As has been said we might have a blessing in disguise starting over. Building a capable Squad. I trust Tim to get it right. NEEDS to be backed to the hilt this summer as the teams around us are seriously strengthening.

I agree, he NEEDS to be backed to the hilt. But does anyone really believe he will be? I don't think we'll spend more than we receive this summer.

Come off it - there's no conspiracy for ****'s sake.

Who said there was?

"a different ploy but the same smoke and mirrors".

Loads of people both this summer and last summer have been going on about how the takeover rumours are just manufactured by the club to increase ST sales, which is of course BS.

Well I'm 

I agree, he NEEDS to be backed to the hilt. But does anyone really believe he will be? I don't think we'll spend more than we receive this summer.

Well 40 million from delph and benteke  a few million from the other deadwood already gone plus the money that was already allocated for Cleverly I think thats nearly 50 million so thats not a bad starting point also all the money gone off the wage bill  :rolleyes:

Who said there was?

Loads of people both this summer and last summer have been going on about how the takeover rumours are just manufactured by the club to increase ST sales, which is of course BS.

The only conspiracy is your obsession with telling people there is no conspiracy. It's like you've trademarked the bloody phrase, it's your new 'not all black and white' isn't it?

Or is that another conspiracy? Oh shit the illuminati! Opinions are conspiracies!

The moon is cheese!

Who said there was?

The only conspiracy is your obsession with telling people there is no conspiracy. It's like you've trademarked the bloody phrase, it's your new 'not all black and white' isn't it?

Or is that another conspiracy? Oh shit the illuminati! Opinions are conspiracies!

The moon is cheese!

I wouldn't have to say it if people didn't keep on banging on about it. Even now you don't seem to be denying it.

• Like 1

We've not spent £9m, we'll have spent £1m as this is just Delph money. On less wages. Not even taking in to account the fact we've also lost the wages of Given, Bent, Weimann, Lowton, Vlaar and Cleverley of note.

Not saying this is the end of our dealings but, AS IT STANDS, our bank balance is a lot healthier than it was. The team on the other hand is a lot smaller and notably worse. Not encouraging when we finished last season 17th.

'We'll have spent...'

Well that's looking into the future. Right now, with Gueye signed and Delph still here, we HAVE spent money on Gueye.

Not to mention the fact that we've supposedly (according to a few fairly reliable sources - BBC etc) bid for Begovic, this Chery fella and Amavi. It would seem odd that the club would be bidding with money they knew they would get from selling Delph, whilst also having Delph pictured in the kit launch with his captains armband...

:S I think you're reading a bit too much into the Delph out/Gueye in move. Maybe wait until the window is closed before we criticise our lack of spending.

It's a shame that Delph's gone, but in my opinion, he's not even as big a loss as Milner or Young were. He's had a number of injuries in his time here and his biggest positive this season was reducing the amount of yellow cards he picked up.

Delph sold for £8m (documented), Benteke's going for £32.5m (Sherwood said!), Lowton £1m (Skysports), Weimann £2.75m (Guardian), Sylla £1.7m (Skysports) everyone else was a free or end of contract. So £45.95m to spend. Let's say £46m

We'll bend the rules even though he played half the season with us and include Sinclair. With that in mind we've spent £11.5m. So we have £34.5m left to spend!  Does anyone think we'll spend that much? Also that would mean we've actually spent nothing this season. And reduced the wages again.

Yes, yes I know the transfer window is open for ages yet but does anyone really believe we're really going to spend another £34.5m or, arguably £55m if you allow for the assumption that a struggling team losing it's best players with a new manager should at least be afforded £20m before sales. I don't think we'll hit either figure but would LOVE to be proven wrong.

• Like 1

Rob182 (saving filling the pages with quotes!) if only working in the here and now then actually we still haven't spent any money. We're a couple of million up due to the minor sales listed above.