Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Guzan , vlaar, Delph , benteke

Was the spine of the team.

Thats probably why we flopped so badly. Maybe long term this might be good for the club as we need new blood this team has failed for too long

Anyone else think we are going to make a profit on player transfer fees this summer?

Yes. I daid this a few pages ago. This is exactly what I feared. We have been shocking for last few seasons but our best players were Guzan, Vlaar, Delph and Benteke at various points. You could also argue Bent's goals kept us up when he signed. Only Guzan has a realistic chance of staying. The others have gone, nearly gone or pretty much guaranteed at some point!

I genuinely think we're screwed. We've finished 17th last season. The top players were Delph, Benteke, Grealish and Cleverley. We'll have one left.

The season starts in less than a month. We've also sold or released Weimann, Lowton, Given who featured at least in part as well as a few other players who weren't involved heavily in Sylla, Bent, Luna, Herd. We've brought in Sinclair for nominal, Richards on a free and Bunn on a free. A weak team a lot weaker.

No, today I don't have patience. Today I'm done. Im going to enjoy my last season as a Premier League season ticket holder and look forward to my first as a Championship season ticket holder!

I can't see Villa spending enough to compensate for the losses. I can't see Villa spending enough to even tread water. I certainly can't see us spending enough to go in to next season with an improved squad.

So a crap team has spent the summer getting even worse.

Don't be so fickle. Have you forgotten already who we signed yesterday?

• Like 1

Thats probably why we flopped so badly. Maybe long term this might be good for the club as we need new blood this team has failed for too long

I understand where your coming from, but even if they are simply the best of a bad bunch, they are the best we have and we are in trouble if they aren't replaced adequately.

The most disappointing thing about the Delph thing is that the club wasn't looking at signing the types of player who might be half decent, it's just the Delph money.

We've spent nothing on players in the past three years. We've finished 17th. And they don't care one bit.

So we signed Guyeye 2 weeks ago knowing Delph would be leaving?

I understand where your coming from, but even if they are simply the best of a bad bunch, they are the best we have and we are in trouble if they aren't replaced adequately.

That's the problem isn't it? Yes they were crap, but they were the best of the crap. You could probably add Cleverly to that too for his seven or so half decent games.

The most disappointing thing about the Delph thing is that the club wasn't looking at signing the types of player who might be half decent, it's just the Delph money.

We've spent nothing on players in the past three years. We've finished 17th. And they don't care one bit.

We signed him ten minutes ago. The interest in Gueye came out about two weeks ago, didn't it? About the same time as talk about this £8million clause....

I think the club were waiting to finalise Gana's work permit before they announced Delph was off?

We still need a Cleverley replacement let's not forget if we're sticking with three in there...

No idea who but I'd prefer someone with the fabled premier league experience to be the third one as the thought of Westwood guiding two new foreign midfielders in there dosen't exactly fill me with confidence. Someone like Cabaye would've been perfect.

I think the club were waiting to finalise Gana's work permit before they announced Delph was off?

They haven't waited though have they. They've decided to announce it today whist still admitting we're waiting on his Visa. The reason for this is to soften the blow of Delph leaving. Woo hoo, we've got a largely unknown prospect who we hope takes to the Premier League and the country and this is supposed to be appease us. Forget fact we've just spent the Delph money on him, that wages will probably be cheaper.... I can almost picture Lerner waving a spoon saying "oooh look at the shiny thing you simple fools"...

Vlaar and Delph gone, questions about Benteke and Guzan. While we might be able to replace the individuals, what's a bit worrying is that this could be seen as the spine of the team and finding a new spine won't be easy.

They haven't waited though have they. They've decided to announce it today whist still admitting we're waiting on his Visa. The reason for this is to soften the blow of Delph leaving. Woo hoo, we've got a largely unknown prospect who we hope takes to the Premier League and the country and this is supposed to be appease us. Forget fact we've just spent the Delph money on him, that wages will probably be cheaper.... I can almost picture Lerner waving a spoon saying "oooh look at the shiny thing you simple fools"...

Largely unknown prospect? He's a 25 year old international from league 1 who was wanted by Marseille you nana.

Largely unknown prospect? He's a 25 year old international from league 1 who was wanted by Marseille you nana.

Unknown by most on here, unknown as a Premier League player. I've not said he bad but he IS unproven in the Premier League. He'll cost circa the same we're getting for Delph and probably be cheaper wages. More cost cutting. Now I clearly annoy you by stating anything that is based on what is hapening now and not having eternal enthusiasm that it'll be fine in a few months so please just skip reading my few posts. I don't make many but it's getting slightly tiresome that you jump on anyone who is concerned with our current situation, I have as much right to my opinion as you do. And at the moment, our situation is dire. In my opinion.

• Like 1

Vlaar and Delph gone, questions about Benteke and Guzan. While we might be able to replace the individuals, what's a bit worrying is that this could be seen as the spine of the team and finding a new spine won't be easy.

Given's now gone to Stoke, so apart from Benteke that was the spine of our team.

Randy needs to step up now. If Benteke follows Delph out for the door we need that £40mil plus another £20mil invested in new players. We really do need some major surgery on this squad.

£60 million this summer will be a start.

• Like 3

Randy needs to step up now. If Benteke follows Delph out for the door we need that £40mil plus another £20mil invested in new players. We really do need some major surgery on this squad.

Good luck with that

Good luck with that

I completely agree that we need to be spending that much at least.

But unfortunately that's never going to happen is it?

• Like 1