Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

This is probably a risible suggestion, but Papiss Cisse wants to leave Newcastle . . . I know he seems like a horrible person, but he does have a decent goalscoring record. 

You can tell me what a stupid word removed I am now. 

I guess Lerner is just pocketing the TV money then, the word removed

Love it or hate it, I guess it's his entitlement...we do owe him a lot of money in loans unfortunately. I know he wavered a lot, but I'm sure at some point he will be reimbursing himself where he can.

Unfortunately, it's a short sighted view I think he'd take and that will affect us long term. Hopefully we've done enough already, as I don't see much smoke in terms of landing much else before the window shuts.

He owns us, its his investment and we owe him money?

While I think the business we've done is good, I think it will reflect badly on the owner if our net spend decreases for the 5th consecutive year.

I'm not sure his popularity with the fans could drop any lower, or indeed that he really care's.
Exactly. We on earth would he spend more than he has too when he is trying to sell the club?
No one expects him to put his own money in, but I find it hard to believe that the club couldn't spend more than it has. I guess Tuesday is the time to judge but I can't see a lot happening.

Clubs money is his money while he owns it.

This is probably a risible suggestion, but Papiss Cisse wants to leave Newcastle . . . I know he seems like a horrible person, but he does have a decent goalscoring record. 

You can tell me what a stupid word removed I am now.

That guy is not able to play full 90 minutes

Surely Tim must be looking at a striker based on the following facts:

1. We have only signed 2 strikers (Rudy & Ayew) but let 5 leave (Bent, Benteke & Weimann plus Burke was released and Robinson has gone out on loan).

2. Adebayor had a medical at Villa (admittedly this was before Rudy signed)

3. No 10 shirt still not allocated (how often do a team register a squad for the season with a first 11 number not in use?)

4. It seems Kozak is for sale.

Its irrelevant how much we have left in the "net spend" kitty, there is no way our wage bill has gone up so we must have enough room to loan a decent striker in. If its a loan with option to buy then the funds will come out of a future transfer window kitty wont it?

Lescott is cheap and a great bit of business if we can make that happen. The Victor Valdes transfer apparently fell through at the last minute because Besiktas tried to change the terms so that says to me that the Mancs were ready to let him go. They now have a keeper on the books that they were planning on being without (with one day left of the window) so we might be able to nip in and take him off their hands on loan. I would like to see Austin join but dont think we have the money for that so any striker coming in will probably be a loan. Hopefully Loic Remy!

Edited by Marley the Bognor Villan

Adebayor never actually had a medical though... He was booked in Twice and failed to show twice. Don't know the reasonings for this but I'm guessing he either never wanted to move here or Levy was playing silly bollocks.

Would love Remy though, would be perfect for us IMO

Edited by leighavfc

Adebayor never actually had a medical though... He was booked in Twice and failed to show twice. Don't know the reasonings for this but I'm guessing he either never wanted to move here or Levy was playing silly bollocks.

Would love Remy though, would be perfect for us IMO

Ah ok my bad. It still shows the manager had the intent to sign him though

Adebayor will move this window but who he signs for is anyone's guess. I'm sure Tim is still looking at him though so we will have to wait and see but if he didn't want to move here originally I would prefer us to move on to other targets.

• Like 1