Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

So looks like we aren't in for a striker.

Just because that's the way I've read the situation (or more fear what might happen) doesn't mean to say we won't sign a striker. So no need for that guy to put his head in his hands just yet.

Maybe, but we hope you can appreciate why he did it nonetheless :)

I can't be the only one who wouldn't want Valdes.  I think if you were to put him in a defence that actually has to defend once in a while then he'd be found wanting. 

I'm with you. I've never actually seen him under any sustained pressure. He's very good at being a sweeper keeper and making a few decent saves every now and then but its hard to know just how good he is when he hasn't really had to do much in his career.

Wut?

Both Cavani (obviously) or Berahino looking unlikely, suggestions that we're concentrating on the defence and no real links through the media.

Are you on a wind up? :blink:

What do you mean by that?

Saying it looks like we won't be signing a striker based on Cavani and Berahino "looking unlikely". Surely it's obvious that those two "links" aren't real.

Looks like we won't be signing a defender, the link to John Terry has died down... See what I mean?

• Like 1

Just because that's the way I've read the situation (or more fear what might happen) doesn't mean to say we won't sign a striker. So no need for that guy to put his head in his hands just yet.

Maybe, but we hope you can appreciate why he did it nonetheless :)

Actually no I can't appreciate why. We haven't been linked with a striker recently there does seem to be more emphasis on the defence with links to Lescott and a Goalkeeper, and Trent doesn't seem to think we're after Berahino or Cavani (we already knew that).

I can't be the only one who wouldn't want Valdes.  I think if you were to put him in a defence that actually has to defend once in a while then he'd be found wanting. 

No you're not. In addition to being old, and on huge, wage-budget distorting wages, he has shown a very very poor and unprofessional attitude at United over the last six months. 

That's before you get to whether he's actually a good keeper or not. I'd prefer almost anyone else. 

• Like 1

Actually no I can't appreciate why.

Well then the reason is that links or a lack of links in the media have no bearing on who we'll sign or who we're looking at. So to seriously deduce (without tongue in cheek) from a lack of links that 'it looks like' we won't sign in a certain position definitely warrants Patrick Stewart hiding his face.
  • Like 1

Does Pearce know Sherwood at all (did they ever play together) or did it just sound a guess

I would love Austin, exactly what we need upfront imo.

Last season aswell, it wasn't like all his goals were tap ins. Some were volleys from 20 yards, he can create stuff by himself that I just don't se Gestede capable of.

Wut?

Both Cavani (obviously) or Berahino looking unlikely, suggestions that we're concentrating on the defence and no real links through the media.

giphy.gif

classic useless.

Edited by HanoiVillan

Wut?

Are you on a wind up? :blink:

What do you mean by that?

Saying it looks like we won't be signing a striker based on Cavani and Berahino "looking unlikely". Surely it's obvious that those two "links" aren't real.

Looks like we won't be signing a defender, the link to John Terry has died down... See what I mean?

Yes but I didn't just cite Cavani and Berahino, as reasons why it's looking unlikey. I said also said because of lack of links to a striker and the suggestion that we're concentrating on the defence. Also I'm the one who pointed out that Cavani is being linked with a £44M to Arsenal, to I know that link is unrealistic.

To be honest I think I half wrote 'So looks like we aren't in for a striker.' in the hope that people would reply to me and convince me otherwise, not sure If I fully believe it myself just a bit worried, lol. I'm certainly not on a 'wind-up' maybe i've taken that phrase too seriously.

Hopefully we can get a proper link to talk/read about.

Guzan's better than Valdes IMO.

I think they both suit very different scenarios better than the other. I'd never put Guzan anywhere near that Barcelona team because they rely on distribution from the back, and his feet are clearly shaped like a fifty pence piece. Whereas as I said above, I think Valdes' workload at Villa would be too much and he'd be overwhelmed and come up short.

It's why saying "A > B" can sometimes be too short an answer.  It's not as simple as that.

Guzan's better than Valdes IMO.

I think they both suit very different scenarios better than the other. I'd never put Guzan anywhere near that Barcelona team because they rely on distribution from the back, and his feet are clearly shaped like a fifty pence piece. Whereas as I said above, I think Valdes' workload at Villa would be too much and he'd be overwhelmed and come up short.

It's why saying "A > B" can sometimes be too short an answer.  It's not as simple as that.

Yeah I'd go along with that, possibly amending it to Guzan's a better fit for us than Valdes would be. Less snappy though.