Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

It is abundantly clear that we are a very good, experienced centre half away from being a very good side. But it's such a crucial position, we could falter badly without one.

I think we need one more than we need Adebayor, let's put it that way. Both would be preferable.

Disagree. We just need to score one more -> Ade.

Edited by AVTuco

http://www.transferm

arkt.co.uk/transfers/endendevertraege/statistik/2016/plus/?spielerposition_id=3&yt0=Show

That's a list of defenders with expiring contracts, N'koulou is on it, get him Tim!

Id take n'koulou evans, douglas, caceres and agger outta that list none would cost the earth. Edited by villan501

arkt.co.uk/transfers/endendevertraege/statistik/2016/plus/?spielerposition_id=3&yt0=Show

That's a list of defenders with expiring contracts, N'koulou is on it, get him Tim!

Id take n'koulou evans, douglas, caceres and agger outta that list none would cost the earth.

Alas, the 7-2-1 formation will be born ;)

• Like 3

Id take n'koulou evans, douglas, caceres and agger outta that list none would cost the earth.

Alas, the 7-2-1 formation will be born ;)

Already patented by a Mr A McLeish.

Hard to find those domineering centre backs though. If they're out there Id guess Man Utd would have thrown money at them along with every other club. Not saying there aren't a few gems out there, just generally suggesting that world football is lacking a few top centre backs. Luiz made the world cup team did he not ffs. I miss God.

I suggested Ashley Williams at the start of the thread, and it was thought to be incredibly unrealistic. Despite him signing a new deal recently, I imagine he would be tempted to come here now, following our spending spree (and the fact he's a Villa fan!)

Williams is a good defender but he's not a Villa fan, he's a self confessed Liverpool fan. 

I'd still have him though, even despite that shocking lack of judgement  :)

If possible, we should also look for CB who is resilient i.e has played a few seasons with no serious injuries.

I'd rather sign an injury-blighted genius like Martin Laursen if there's one around :)

Alas there isn''t and we already have enough crock or brittle defenders. They can't help us if they're on a treatment table....

If we've bid for a United player, I'd really like Valencia. He would bring leadership, experience and pace to the team.

In reality it's probably Johnny Evans. I think an experienced CB is our main priority.

Edited by Earl the Pearl

maybe man u are just too big a team for johnny evans, perhaps he would flourish at us, where he'd be one of the more experienced players in the dressing room. still not sure i see the logic in giving baker a new deal, a new cb will push him down the pecking order further and he's already behind; clark, okore, richards, a fit senderos. if it came to a situation where those four and a new cb where unavailable, crespo or donacien would fill in