Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Loving this window so far, however we desperately need a quality centre back IMO.

It ain't over yet....

You still expecting a low "net spend"? My maths wonder how we can still go on if we don't start net spendin'

Yes I think so.

Players are clearly going to go out so we will raise more in sales yet.

I'd have guessed at £10m net at start of window, I'd still be surprised if it was as high as £20m but have to admit I've been a little surprised by just how active we've been.

Trent can you see a keeper being bought in or will be stick with Guzan?

Been wondering about that myself. I have a feeling that Tim is concerned about Guzans ability to organise his defence. Hes a great shot stopper but he wouldnt have to be as busy if the lads in front of him were more organised. We could do with a GK that has a big presence. Preferably french... and called Jordan....

I honestly don't know.

Personally I don't rate Guzan as highly as some, I agree with you about his lack of voice to command the defence and Sherwood clearly tried to replace him with Begovic. But we've not been in for another keeper since (except Bunn) and we are spending a lot elsewhere so perhaps its was a one player move.

Will be interesting to see what happens.

Anybody else think this is the best transfer window since........a very long time ago!

Edit: I know MON used to spend loads but those transfer windows were still such an anti climax. All that money yet last minute British signings with all that money to spend!

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Wonder if Valdes has signed for someone else or is he still at Man Utd?

He's not French or called Jordan and barely has a beard. Not interested

(FYI that's sarcasm I actually think he'd be a great signing)

• Like 1

Will it be a starting CB? He's clearly made promises to Richards about playing there and I'd be surprised if he replaces Clark. If he does bring in someone stronger to play with Richards then I'm all for it, but not sure I can see it happening.

I'd say to replace Clark

I think Clark is good enough to start alongside Richards, so I'd say we need a reliable back up, if Baker leaves. If no-one leaves, I'd use the money on a RB or midfielder.

I don't think a centre-half is a necessity personally. I'm quite happy with seeing how Clark and Richards go as a pairing for a while and we've got Jores to step in if needs be and Crespo as the fourth choice. If we're pissing goals at the back at Christmas then yeah, I'd be all for signing a CB. 

• Like 1

Before the window started i never thought it would be possible for us to sign players like richards, amavi, gueye, ayew, adebayor, gestede, veretout. They might not all be a success but its incredible work to get all these players and im genuinely excited for the season to begin. Selling nzogbia would just complete it.

I think we are benefiting from a strong league where international players want to come but the top 6 have filled their squads already. Spurs especially are in danger of treading water next year.