Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

With Ayew it could just be that his best season was also one of his unluckiest. I think anyone that has played football in some capacity in an attacking role will know of those games or even months where nothing seems to work and for all your trying it never hits the back of the net. Maybe he was just having one of those seasons.. 

Finally some journos taking note...http://www.theguardian.com/football/who-scored-blog/2015/jul/29/aston-villa-surprise-package-premier-league-season

"They have lost their top goalscorer, Christian Benteke, and their captain, Fabian Delph, but Aston Villa have made some astute signings in the off-season"

I enjoyed reading that but the stats on Ayew were a little worrying for the amount we spent on him.

Agreed. That conversion rate isn't exactly one to hang up on the trophy wall. I really hope he blossoms under us and improves.

Well you could look at it another way.  At least he is getting all them chances.  The 4 dispositions per game worried me.  

Finally some journos taking note...http://www.theguardian.com/football/who-scored-blog/2015/jul/29/aston-villa-surprise-package-premier-league-season

"They have lost their top goalscorer, Christian Benteke, and their captain, Fabian Delph, but Aston Villa have made some astute signings in the off-season"

I enjoyed reading that but the stats on Ayew were a little worrying for the amount we spent on him.

Agreed. That conversion rate isn't exactly one to hang up on the trophy wall. I really hope he blossoms under us and improves.

Well you could look at it another way.  At least he is getting all them chances.  The 4 dispositions per game worried me.  

Well yeah, I just hope he learns to put them away as well  :P

I distinctly remember one of the criticisms of the then-Genk striker Benteke was that he misses a frustrating amount of chance and that we'd be very frustrated by his finishing. This doesn't mean we've bought another Benteke. It just means things can change in a different league surrounded by better players and in a different environment.

• Like 1

Only just been able to see if we're linked to anybody new today as the Mrs keeps hiding my phone as I'm "Spending my f*****g life on VillaTalk". I've got over 3 weeks off work, what does she expect? On topic, has anybody seen much of Gestede? I only saw him a couple of times last year, not enough to judge him as a player.

I think all women should be encouraged to just make themselves "invisible" for the entirety of transfer windows so us blokes can enjoy our bit of gossip for a change. I mean, let's face it, women spend all of their lives f**cking gossiping and do we interfere? No! We just sit there listening (pretending) and nodding our heads saying "I couldn't agree more love or, yes babe, I think that's bang out of order". Cameron, make it law already! Ban women from the transfer windows, especially those whose initials are JB ;)

**EDIT** Except for the professional women who bring us transfer news such as Natalie Sawyer. Those women help us get over the disappointment of the players we lose or miss out on and are therefore good pain relief! :D  

:wave:

Only just been able to see if we're linked to anybody new today as the Mrs keeps hiding my phone as I'm "Spending my f*****g life on VillaTalk". I've got over 3 weeks off work, what does she expect? On topic, has anybody seen much of Gestede? I only saw him a couple of times last year, not enough to judge him as a player.

I think all women should be encouraged to just make themselves "invisible" for the entirety of transfer windows so us blokes can enjoy our bit of gossip for a change. I mean, let's face it, women spend all of their lives f**cking gossiping and do we interfere? No! We just sit there listening (pretending) and nodding our heads saying "I couldn't agree more love or, yes babe, I think that's bang out of order". Cameron, make it law already! Ban women from the transfer windows, especially those whose initials are JB ;)

**EDIT** Except for the professional women who bring us transfer news such as Natalie Sawyer. Those women help us get over the disappointment of the players we lose or miss out on and are therefore good pain relief! :D  

:wave:

Oi. Get back in the kitchen!!  :P

Contrary to those suggesting otherwise, Aston Villa have not had a formal bid rejected by Marseille for Florian Thauvin, because they did not bother making one.

According to our colleagues at RMC, the Villains were considering making an €18m offer for the player, but after getting in touch with his representatives, they were told that the player had no interest in joining the Premier League side.

Thauvin is convinced that his future must lie in Marseille, with many doubters to prove in 2015/2016.

p.s is that not tapping up?

Edited by HeyAnty

Well I'll be damned. So we're not being predicted for relegation by the press now? Finally something positive.
Not sure it's a case of the press taking note. Isn't Martin Laurence a Villa fan? At least it's someone in the press on our side. Edited by tomsky_11

With Ayew it could just be that his best season was also one of his unluckiest. I think anyone that has played football in some capacity in an attacking role will know of those games or even months where nothing seems to work and for all your trying it never hits the back of the net. Maybe he was just having one of those seasons..

I've always played Monday league football. Went through a patch about 18 months ago where I didn't score for 10 games, it was horrible looking at the lads faces at the end of games, which made it even worse. Got 1 goal back and scored 14 in the next 8 games

what the hell is monday league football

Bit like Sunday league football only a day later.

Spot on lol Games are only an hour long though and only 12 teams per division, 4 divisions. It's good fun ⚽️

what the hell is monday league football

Bit like Sunday league football only a day later.

Presumably less useless players with hangovers.

Exactly. In my experience it was useless players without hangovers.

So central defender speculation? Jordan Ikoko anyone?

He has got the right name but being a 5' 8" right back to play centre back it seems unlikely  :)

just did a search on "french defenders called Jordan" lol

• Like 1