Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Ryan shawcross would be a good centre half to sign however stoke are spending cash so doubt they entertain the idea. Id really like cambiasso adebayor on loan and a decent centre half.

Id start

Guzan

Richards senderos clark amavi

Cambiasso gueye

Ayew gil grealish

Adebayor

Subs

Bunn

Sinclair

Zog

Sanchez

Okore

Kozak

Westwood

Sorry gabby id not have you on the bench.

Edited by villan501

Kozak, Agbonlahor, Ayew is a wafer thing and poor attacking line-up.

Waiting for a marquee striker signing.

Think your going to be waiting a long time. i think adebayor will be only other striker coming

Excluding Grealish who's under 21, the first team squad of

Guzan, Bunn, Steer (3)

Cissokho, Richardson, Bennett, Amavi (4)

Okore, Senderos, Baker, Clark (4)

Richards, Hutton, Bacuna (3)

N'Zogbia, Gil, Cole, Sinclair (4)

Gueye, Sanchez, Westwood, Gardner (4)

Kozak, Agbonlahor, Ayew (3)

has 25 players. So if you want to add Angel Crespo, a new CB, Cambiasso, Praet, and Adebayor in there, you have to exclude five of the current squad. I struggle to see us getting rid of five of them (think we'll see Steer, Cissokho, and Baker leave), so I think we'll might only make 2 or 3 more signings.

Edit: can't add.

Well you simply do not name them in the 25 man squad

If that doesn't send out the message to **** off i don't know what will

This is Randy Lerner we're talking about. Do you see him sanctioning transfers that would leave us with too many players?

Plus, we tried that once before. Even made them train with the kids. Didn't work. Doubt Randy will let that happen again.

I'm not convinced this has been a good window for us at all. Were stonger in one position (left back), and weaker in two others (midfield and strikers). Appreciate the window is still open but I suspect were in for another struggle this season.

Currently yes. However, if we get the required players in then I think we will be stronger. Benteke is irreplaceable like for like, but if we adapt out approach and get a couple of good attacking players then I think it will be to our benefit.

Still ifs and buts for me though at the moment.

Totally agree, Bentekes role is irreplaceable but the ten teams that finished directly above us didnt have a superstar striker yet did better than us so its not a necessity. The money is better spent on 3 decent players than one brilliant one. Also, that way it takes 3 injuries instead of 1 to render that money useless

• Like 2

Hoping for some sort of midfielder next

The emotional return of Moustapha Salifou?

Or Steve Hodge on a free?

Hoping for some sort of midfielder next

The emotional return of Moustapha Salifou?

Or Steve Hodge on a free?

Isn't he still trying to track back to Maradona?

Excluding Grealish who's under 21, the first team squad of

Guzan, Bunn, Steer (3)

Cissokho, Richardson, Bennett, Amavi (4)

Okore, Senderos, Baker, Clark (4)

Richards, Hutton, Bacuna (3)

N'Zogbia, Gil, Cole, Sinclair (4)

Gueye, Sanchez, Westwood, Gardner (4)

Kozak, Agbonlahor, Ayew (3)

has 25 players. So if you want to add Angel Crespo, a new CB, Cambiasso, Praet, and Adebayor in there, you have to exclude five of the current squad. I struggle to see us getting rid of five of them (think we'll see Steer, Cissokho, and Baker leave), so I think we'll might only make 2 or 3 more signings.

Edit: can't add.

Adebayor, a young striker and an attacking mid we need at least.

As for your squad, we could probably lose 1 keeper. The arrival of Crespo means we could oust Cissokho, Richardson and Senderos. Richards will be at centre back.

I doubt if Gardner will be in the squad. 

I wonder how much Will Hughes at Derby would go for, I'm really surprised nobody has stuck their neck out for him.

Seems a smart move, similar to those we made with Milner, Young and Barry.

Always thought he was destined for Liverpool for some reason.

Would love him here, whenever I have seen him play he is close to being the best player on the pitch if not the best. Would be a brilliant signing but In the £10+ million bracket.

I wonder how much Will Hughes at Derby would go for, I'm really surprised nobody has stuck their neck out for him.

Would love him here, whenever I have seen him play he is close to being the best player on the pitch if not the best. Would be a brilliant signing but In the £10+ million bracket.

Ah, the English and overpriced bracket.

Still a decent player.

Edited by sexbelowsound

there was loads of tabloid guff that some kind of pre-contract deal or agreement had been struck with Liverpool for Hughes so they could swan in and sign him whenever they liked. Similar thing with Tom Ince also.

garbage though

Ah, the English and overpriced bracket.

Still a decent player.

Frustrating indeed, we have some crappy players they can have...Nzog?....straight swap and we'll pay his wages too :)

Liverpool seems a likely place, he'd suit them. Though Di Maria failed to replace the left footed marvel of Giggs, they're not going to get Messi, so maybe they should go Hughes...he has the right surname.

If Adebayor does sign I certainly wouldn't say we're short of options, even if we're playing 2 up front.

Adebayor, Ayew, Agbonlahor, Kozak, Robinson. You also have to factor in Gil, Grealish and Sinclair into that equation.

If it's two up front Gil, Grealish or Sinclair could play there if we had a real crisis.

I still think it will be one up front through the middle (Adebayor) with support strikers either side of him, which for me would be Ayew and Gil.

At the final whistle in May's final I turned and said to my mate ' I don't want to see any of those players in a villa shirt again '. Being serious, I was not.

Were you being serious? I don't understand
Me neither!