Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Presently Carroll is behind Westwood, Sanchez and Gueye but ahead of Gardner in terms of ability.

I'd rather we targetted a first team midfielder who either fit alongside or replace our current crop (no spelling mistake in crop!).

At the final whistle in May's final I turned and said to my mate ' I don't want to see any of those players in a villa shirt again '. Being serious, I was not.

Were you being serious? I don't understand

• Like 1

How many debutants were there in Brian Littles first season when we beat United 3-1?

Southgate, Draper and Savo at a guess.

Charles and Wright too?

Pretty sure they'd signed the season before. 

How many debutants were there in Brian Littles first season when we beat United 3-1?

Southgate, Draper and Savo at a guess.

Charles and Wright too?

Tommy Johnson and Scimeca (sp)?

Edit: found the team here...http://www.11v11.com/matches/aston-villa-v-manchester-united-19-august-1995-22173/

Gareth Southgate, Mark Draper, Savo Milosevic and Ricardo Scimeca all made their debuts..

Edited by Supervillan78

Just checked. Wright signed in Feb 95. Charles signed in a double deal with Tommy Johnson. Don't have a date, but I recall their debut, and I recall them wearing the stripy Muller kit. 

Excluding Grealish who's under 21, the first team squad of

Guzan, Bunn, Steer (3)

Cissokho, Richardson, Bennett, Amavi (4)

Okore, Senderos, Baker, Clark (4)

Richards, Hutton, Bacuna (3)

N'Zogbia, Gil, Cole, Sinclair (4)

Gueye, Sanchez, Westwood, Gardner (4)

Kozak, Agbonlahor, Ayew (3)

has 25 players. So if you want to add Angel Crespo, a new CB, Cambiasso, Praet, and Adebayor in there, you have to exclude five of the current squad. I struggle to see us getting rid of five of them (think we'll see Steer, Cissokho, and Baker leave), so I think we'll might only make 2 or 3 more signings.

Edit: can't add.

Edited by Enda

It's a bit like BFR's first game in charge for us at Hilsborough.

Not sure how many debutants we had in that day-The 3 scorers obviously, Staunton Regis & Atkinson, Sean Teal  and Paul Mortimer debuted as well I think, Kevin Richardson also but not sure who signed him. That would make 6 with Richardson.

That day didn't go too bad at all did it?

Best away game on my birthday ever :) I remember the guy behind me turning to his mate at half time and saying "well Staunton must be wondering what the fook he's let himself in for." But I see the parrallels - brash new manager with an attacking midset. 6 debutanats as you say. Now if we'd just knicked Sherwood off of Bournemouth as we're away to them first up we could taunt them all day before kick off too.

That game is a microcosm of why I love this game and my club.

The big difference for me is that three of those debutants (Richardson, Staunton and Dalian) were absolute quality and we already had God.

• Like 1

I just really hope Sherwood sees the need for us to sign a number 10.

Over the years the laughable links to Sneijder and Isco, along with the slightly more feasible link to Kiyotake, and even the meh link to Hoolahan, has really highlighted our lack of quality in this area.

Excluding Grealish who's under 21, the first team squad of

Guzan, Bunn, Steer (3)

Cissokho, Richardson, Bennett, Amavi (4)

Okore, Senderos, Baker, Clark (4)

Richards, Hutton, Bacuna (3)

N'Zogbia, Gil, Cole, Sinclair (4)

Gueye, Sanchez, Westwood, Gardner (4)

Kozak, Agbonlahor, Ayew (3)

has 25 players. So if you want to add Angel Crespo, a new CB, Cambiasso, Praet, and Adebayor in there, you have to exclude five of the current squad. I struggle to see us getting rid of five of them (think we'll see Steer, Cissokho, and Baker leave), so I think we'll might only make 2 or 3 more signings.

Edit: can't add.

Well you simply do not name them in the 25 man squad

If that doesn't send out the message to **** off i don't know what will

• Like 1