Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Seems like a decent signing, nothing flash, just a tidy bit of business.

We have lost Vlaar, rumours that Senderous and Baker may follow, maybe even Clark - so we need this kind of no-nonsense destroyer type player in the squad.

I would be worried if we were signing him to be first choice at centreback, but I don't think thats the case. I suspect our centre back pairing will be Clark and Okore with Richards at right back. If we play 3 at the back, then Crespo is an ideal player to have on the bench.

For those saying he coming from a relegated team - years ago we signed Southgate and Draper from relegated teams and they changed the whole dymanic of our team.

Also - Man City and Liverpool have just signed 2 players from a team that was nearly relegated last year - I don't think are worried about them being "losers".

• Like 1

The one thing that does concern me this transfer window is the amount of comings and goings, especially if we are after 4 or 5 more players.

Sure it's exciting for us fans, but I just worry that we are doing 2-3 years worth of squad transformation in one window, and that we may have squad cohesion problems.

Don't worry. We'll have a few weeks of 'Team Cohesion' training at a Very high Intensity. Should sort it all out.

Plus, when you loose your best defender, best midfielder and best striker, you have little choice but to perform a massive overhaul. Certainly in the cases of Delph & Benteke, they were leaps and bounds ahead of the other players. With the exception of Grealish, I'd replace the lot of them in an ideal world. Attempting to just replace Benteke & Delph would not work as we wouldn't get like for like-The only other alternative is to try to upgrade on the entire squad. 4 automatic choices have left meaning they need replacing just to stand still, regardless of any improvements that are needed.

Cyle Larin (Orlando City has scored a hat-trick against New York City) Checking his stats he is 20, striker 6ft 2 and has a very good scoring record including 3 in 9 for Canada!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyle_Larin

Wouldn't mind seeing if we could get him on trial and see if there is anything there with him!!! as there is some quality youngsters coming out of MLS at the moment..

Edited by Villan4Life

We have lost Vlaar, rumours that Senderous and Baker may follow, maybe even Clark - so we need this kind of no-nonsense destroyer type player in the squad.

We'd need any kind of defender if we're losing Baker and Clark too. That'd leave us with Okore and Richards, who everyone is sure will be playing RB. So just Okore at CB.

Sherwood better get a move on if he's rebuilding our entire backline in one summer.

yeah and me, the numbers, the quality and the leadership it would leave us with at the back, none of it makes sense

as someone else pointed out on twitter too, baggies made a £2m bid on sunday which was rejected so they made a £5m on monday morning...

jlaw-okay_zpse31239da.gif

• Like 1

I would say that the majority of players that started last week against Forest Green Rovers are the ones that Tim is happy to let go. Clark has featured in all the first team games so far, so I don't think he will be leaving - especially to the Baggies.

Would be a shame to lose Baker, though.

I wonder which players will get loaned out from the first team. I would guess Bennett, Gardner and Robinson (technically he's not proper first team yet). Sherwood is probably looking for the others to leave permanently.

Watching some footage of Crespo and what stands out is he looks pretty quick , certainly more pace than Sendaros and Baker.We have lacked pace at the back so for the fee looks a reasonable deal

Watching some footage of Crespo and what stands out is he looks pretty quick , certainly more pace than Sendaros and Baker.We have lacked pace at the back so for the fee looks a reasonable deal

Not sure about that. Okore is quick, Richards is quick, our fullbacks (outside of Lowton) are hardly slow. We don't lack pace, we lack intelligence at the back, and so far, this hasn't been addressed in central defence. 

Not sure about that. Okore is quick, Richards is quick, our fullbacks (outside of Lowton) are hardly slow. We don't lack pace, we lack intelligence at the back, and so far, this hasn't been addressed in central defence. 

Those 2 are quick , Clark isn't really and Baker certainly isn't and at moment he seems like a replacement for the latter with benefit he can fill in at FB.

The one thing that does concern me this transfer window is the amount of comings and goings, especially if we are after 4 or 5 more players.

Sure it's exciting for us fans, but I just worry that we are doing 2-3 years worth of squad transformation in one window, and that we may have squad cohesion problems.

Don't worry. We'll have a few weeks of 'Team Cohesion' training at a Very high Intensity. Should sort it all out.

I have also read that Jack is organising a night out up broad street to encourage team bonding......

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 2

I was thinking the same thing.  Him, Richards and Amavi could give us a lot more pace and perhaps enable us to play a higher line....although I am cautious about even saying that after what Southampton did to us.

It makes sense that we'll be full of speed knowing the energy and style I suspect Sherwood will want us to play with.  Probably at the expense of technique in the defensive areas of the pitch.  I think next season we're going to be an entertaining team for the neutral, and not always in the positive sense :)

• Like 1

It makes sense that we'll be full of speed knowing the energy and style I suspect Sherwood will want us to play with.  Probably at the expense of technique in the defensive areas of the pitch.  I think next season we're going to be an entertaining team for the neutral, and not always in the positive sense :)

"It's all very simple: if you score one more than your opponent, you win."  (Johann Cruyff)

• Like 2