Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

In my eyes we need as a bare minimum before the season starts;

1. A striker that can conceivably score 20 goals a season (that might be a tough one)

2. A left back (they've always been easy to find in the last 5 years!),

3. A central midfielder to provide cover and competition to Gueye/Westwood/Gardner (that isn't crap)

After that, we need a lot more, but those are the most urgent I think personally.

Amavi?
We haven't signed him yet, as soon as we have you can tick him off.

http://www.ogcnice.com/fr/actualite/24256/accord-pour-le-transfert-damavi

My bad, I can't speak French but I assume this is a post which makes me look like a berk because we've signed him! Good stuff ✔️

Weren't we linked to Pione Sisto a while back? What's he like?

Of all the youtube vids I've seen he's the most exciting ;) He looks strong as an ox, low centre of gravity, quick, skilful. I'm surprised he's still not been nabbed by someone, surely too good for the Danish league. He'd probably be cheaper than a lot of other options and maybe Jores could have a word in his ear.

My bad, I can't speak French but I assume this is a post which makes me look like a berk because we've signed him! Good stuff ✔️

Not at all, just thought you hadn't seen it yet. :thumb:

I hadn't, cheers mate. Exciting though, if he's as good as people say he is then we've got a bit of a coup there by signing him.

The perfect replacement for Benteke would be Salomon Rondon, you'd have seen him in the summer scoring for Venezuela v Colombia.

He'll play in the premier league eventually career stats:

2006–2008 Aragua 49 (15)

2008–2010 Las Palmas 46 (12)

2010–2012 Málaga 67 (25)

2012–2014 Rubin Kazan 36 (13)

2014– Zenit St. Petersburg 36 (20)

National team2009 Venezuela U20 11 (7)

2008– Venezuela 39 (13)

Fantastic scoring record most players he's been and also scored a few in champions league and europa league. AVB seems to have fallen out with him so probably moving on in the near future.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

If Sherwood wants to change our style of attack (which it sounds like he does) we could do a lot worse than look at the Toulouse forward Ben Yedder. Bit on the diminutive side but fast, with great natural balance, and has been a consistent goalscorer for them for a few years now. If he wasn't to work out as an out and out striker in the Premier League could see him adapt to an advanced right sided attacking role too.

In my eyes we need as a bare minimum before the season starts;

1. A striker that can conceivably score 20 goals a season (that might be a tough one)

2. A left back (they've always been easy to find in the last 5 years!),

3. A central midfielder to provide cover and competition to Gueye/Westwood/Gardner (that isn't crap)

After that, we need a lot more, but those are the most urgent I think personally.

On your third point you've forgotten Sanchez. Big season for Gardner and Westwood they really need to step up and grab the opportunity. 

Now that we have Amavi done left back is sorted. I think we need;

CB

DM

AM

ST

If Sherwood wants to change our style of attack (which it sounds like he does) we could do a lot worse than look at the Toulouse forward Ben Yedder. Bit on the diminutive side but fast, with great natural balance, and has been a consistent goalscorer for them for a few years now. If he wasn't to work out as an out and out striker in the Premier League could see him adapt to an advanced right sided attacking role too.

I bloody love the Wes scouting reports!

:)

People talk about losing the spine of our team, but this is the spine of the worst team still in the league. Looking forward to seeing who comes in next.