Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

A CB would be the top of my list, two injuries and we are down to playing with players who have no experience. Gardner needs to play his part and that's asking a lot.

I'm worried about next season, really worried, we are losing the spine of the team, with arguable our best players involved, in a team that struggled to stay up.

Other teams will now play hard ball on prices. Oh well, the fridge it is.

I'm ducking out of "The Villa" till the season kick's off UTV

Our wage bill must be near championship level now when you think Given has gone, Vlaar has gone, Bent has gone, numerous squad players have gone with more to follow and now Delph and Benteke on not far off 100k a week combined.

So surely we can risk paying out a big wage or two to try to tempt some proper quality to this club. Richards is apprently on 60k a week so that's your guide. 

I'm not interested in the MON approach of bench warmers on 50k a week but we can surely sign 2-3 good first 11 players on that range now without messing up our finances again.

We have lost our spine in the team

that has to be rebuilt with at least 4 quality signings 

We've lost the spine to the worst surviving Premier League team from last season.

Perhaps a rebuild is necessary.

• Like 3

I'm so fed up of modern football. I'm particularly fed up with Villa trying their hardest to prove you can always sink lower. Rubbish season. Delph, Benteke, Cleverley and Grealish (6/7 games) the only ones to come out of it with any credit. So lose Cleverley, sell Benteke and Delph. Grealish has had a questionable summer too.

Release or sell six or seven squad players of mixed ability. Bring in free Richards and second or third choice keeper. Still waiting for confirmation of Gueye too. Everyone else is reluctant to join us. Adebayor link is worrying too.

So even if Lerner doesn't want to spend a penny, after another disaster in not being able to sell the club, we have at least £40m to spend quickly on our paper thin, already useless squad.

It's going to take a miracle to avoid relegation. We're three weeks from kick off with a worse squad than we ended last season with.

Sick of this club/ Lerner/ football. I have a season ticket every year and it doesn't bring me any joy.

I'm so fed up of modern football. I'm particularly fed up with Villa trying their hardest to prove you can always sink lower. Rubbish season. Delph, Benteke, Cleverley and Grealish (6/7 games) the only ones to come out of it with any credit. So lose Cleverley, sell Benteke and Delph. Grealish has had a questionable summer too.

Release or sell six or seven squad players of mixed ability. Bring in free Richards and second or third choice keeper. Still waiting for confirmation of Gueye too. Everyone else is reluctant to join us. Adebayor link is worrying too.

So even if Lerner doesn't want to spend a penny, after another disaster in not being able to sell the club, we have at least £40m to spend quickly on our paper thin, already useless squad.

It's going to take a miracle to avoid relegation. We're three weeks from kick off with a worse squad than we ended last season with.

Sick of this club/ Lerner/ football. I have a season ticket every year and it doesn't bring me any joy.

• Like 1

I read Leeds and Bradford get some of the cash as well? Great stuff...[/quot

I Despise delph not because he left its the manner that hes done it very sneaky. If hed have left last week goodluck to him but this whole fiasco is totally unnaceptable. 8mil for delph makes me feel we have been robbed i will never forgive delph and will boo him fir 90mins i want him to feel as shit when returns as i do with his actions. Thanks fabian 360 delph you are a piece of work.

I don't think the transfer fees are an issue, the issue was wages. As a few have said we have reduced our wage bill and with Delph and Benteke gone we have plenty of headroom to make signings. Added to that net of what we pay Genk we have £36m available to sign players. The challenge is to spend that well and despite all this angst about losing the spine of the team we will come out of this with a better and more balanced side.

I read Leeds and Bradford get some of the cash as well? Great stuff...[/quot

I Despise delph not because he left its the manner that hes done it very sneaky. If hed have left last week goodluck to him but this whole fiasco is totally unnaceptable. 8mil for delph makes me feel we have been robbed i will never forgive delph and will boo him fir 90mins i want him to feel as shit when returns as i do with his actions. Thanks fabian 360 delph you are a piece of work.

Except had he not signed a new contract we would have got nothing.

The more videos I watch of Ngolo Kante the more convinced I am that he would be a perfect replacement for Delph. Sadly We'er not linked with him. If I post his name here enough im sure we will be!

as it stands this is the worst Villa squad in decades

Give it time.

I'm sure we will reach new depths.

Any news on transfers in that you know about?

I read Leeds and Bradford get some of the cash as well? Great stuff...[/quote

Except had he not signed a new contract we would have got nothing.

Would probably have thought more of him if he had ran his contract down TBH.

Edited by limvillian

Should be an interesting few weeks coming up once the Benteke deal is also finalized. We should see 4-5 quality players coming in.

Hoping it's Amavi, Darder, Praet, Embolo and Martial.

Each one will at least require 10+ in fees