Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

The keeper is one of the most important players, and it is imperative to get it right.

You probably need to spend decent money to get a good one. I like both of our keepers, but recently neither has filed me with confidence.

If we do end up qualifying for the Europa League I think we will need at least 6 good players to come in as that is probably about another 10-12 games added to the season

If we do end up qualifying for the Europa League I think we will need at least 6 good players to come in as that is probably about another 10-12 games added to the season

Nah mate, think it's 17 to the final  :flag:

Thats nearly half a premier league season

• Like 1

I would be interested to know from the posters who are well versed with the finances of the club what is likely to happen in the closed season on the transfer front given the following criteria

• Assuming Randy will still be here
  • The TV money is set to be at record levels
  • We have flirted with relegation for too many seasons
  • We clearly need to strengthen in all departments of the team
  • The clubs finances appear to be under control
  • Our gates seem to have responded to positive moves

I'm a bit puzzled with the notion that more TV money would help us somehow. It's the same for everyone, right? So, what it'll do is drive up prices and wages of new acquisitions and contracts, thereby helping those who are in a stable position without a need to make major changes.

but if we shop broad, we will still be better off except competing with Premier League clubs

True TRO. Lets shop broad. :)

The mirror has an article saying Southampton will bid £10m for Austin and at the end of th article it says Sherwood is keen on Jamie Vardy going onto say that Leicester would be reluctant to let him go but a bid of £15m might prove too tempting for them.  Hahahaha wtf

Also being linked to Micah Richards tonight. 

Nah mate, think it's 17 to the final :flag:

Thats nearly half a premier league season
Rory Delap.

The mirror has an article saying Southampton will bid £10m for Austin and at the end of th article it says Sherwood is keen on Jamie Vardy going onto say that Leicester would be reluctant to let him go but a bid of £15m might prove too tempting for them.  Hahahaha wtf

Also being linked to Micah Richards tonight.

:crylaugh: :crylaugh: :crylaugh:

Do the Mirror have any credible journalists left anymore?

• Like 4

Bentley looked decent for Southend at Wembley yesterday. Does anyone think he might be a shout for a young back up keeper for us next season?

Edited by John

Vardy  :crylaugh:  Dear god. 

Luke Garbutt would be fantastic signing for a minimal compensation fee. If Tim is looking at Spurs players Carroll and Pritchard would be good signings. I've seen both a handful of times for Spurs u21s and England u21s and Carroll is a good little technical player, would be a good rotation option in with Westwood and Cleverley. Could probably get him for 2-3m, Swansea fans have compared him to Leon Britton which is a fair comparison. Will look to get on the ball and move it around quick. He was criticised a bit by QPR fans for keeping it too simple at times but I've seen him be very adventurous in his play and am certain Tim would do a good job at getting him to play freely like Clevs. Pritchard has had a more successful season with Brentford so would likely be more in demand and cost a bit more, Spurs are more likely to want to keep him too or prefer a loan move. He is more attacking and can play anywhere across the midfield really. Can play wide and would do better than N'Zogbia. Would play similar to Grealish, in that he'll drift all over constantly demanding the ball and trying to create, he has great technical ability. If you aren't going to play Gil, Pritchard would be a good replacement. He has got comparisons to Eriksen in the way he plays from wide. 

All 3 are in the provisional squad for England u21s Euro cup squad. 

• Like 3