Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Vardy  :crylaugh:  Dear god. 

Luke Garbutt would be fantastic signing for a minimal compensation fee. If Tim is looking at Spurs players Carroll and Pritchard would be good signings. I've seen both a handful of times for Spurs u21s and England u21s and Carroll is a good little technical player, would be a good rotation option in with Westwood and Cleverley. Could probably get him for 2-3m, Swansea fans have compared him to Leon Britton which is a fair comparison. Will look to get on the ball and move it around quick. He was criticised a bit by QPR fans for keeping it too simple at times but I've seen him be very adventurous in his play and am certain Tim would do a good job at getting him to play freely like Clevs. Pritchard has had a more successful season with Brentford so would likely be more in demand and cost a bit more, Spurs are more likely to want to keep him too or prefer a loan move. He is more attacking and can play anywhere across the midfield really. Can play wide and would do better than N'Zogbia. Would play similar to Grealish, in that he'll drift all over constantly demanding the ball and trying to create, he has great technical ability. If you aren't going to play Gil, Pritchard would be a good replacement. He has got comparisons to Eriksen in the way he plays from wide. 

All 3 are in the provisional squad for England u21s Euro cup squad.

I'd love Pritchard but can't see any way that he'd be available. I've seen a lot of Brentford this season and he's been their standout player, particularly in the second half of the season. The trouble is he is still quite raw at times and makes poor decisions on occasion. He is very highly rated at Spurs though so I don't see them being interested in listening to offers.

Danny Ings on a free? 

Wouldn't be a bad signing, he'd do a much better job than Gabby did today playing in that position, he's quick, energetic and quite sharp with the ball at his feet. I'd also take a look at Trippier, good player and showed Bacuna how to play at right back today.

Apparently Mulumbu has been let go by Albion. I'm a bit surprised by that but haven't seen much of them this season.

I always thought he was decent, but he's not the sort of player we need, we need someone with attacking quality from midfield and not someone who is going to protect the back four. 

• Like 1

Its hilarious how many LB's we have at the club with none of them being prem standard with probably the exception of Cissokho

And he's the one being bombed out by sherwood :D

Brilliant stuff

• Like 1

I don't think cissokho is good enough.

I also dont think we need a whole new defence. New keeper and a new lb and we'd be ok IMO. Clark and okore will continue to get better as individuals and a unit

Cissokho is the only left back at the club who knows how to defend and position himself correctly. Going forward he's marginally worse than the other offerings but in the aggregate, clearly the best we have at the club. Richardson is utterly diabolical at everything: defending and attacking. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 2

I agree Cissokho is comfortably the best defensive full back at this club.....when talking about Richardson a few weeks back Sherwood however gave his template for what he wants from a full back and Ally just dosen't fit that hence why he hasn't been seen in ages.

• Like 1

Adam Henley at Blackburn looks a promising RB, be a good young player for Sherwood to bring in. No idea what he would cost though?

Not knocking you FLL but haven't we already been down and failed with the 'young and hungry' approach?

I'm not saying we should turn into QPR (or Villa under MON) and sign every journeyman over 29 who is experienced and on big wages but we need a blend of experience and youth.

We should be targetting good quality players in the mid 20s about to hit their prime to accompany and develop the youth we already have within our ranks.

Cabeye looks on the way out of PSG he'd be a cracking sign. I think he's time there being a bit part player could make him signable. I'd also try for Nzonzi.

No chance of getting N'zonzi - he's a main player for Stoke now and I'd imagine they'd ask silly money for him.

As for Cabeye - lovely idea but I'm sure he'd rather go to an Arsenal, Man City, Utd or even a Liverpool way ahead of us. The player is too good for us right now (even if we win the cup and get into Europa League)

Heaton and Trippier from Burnley are surely gettable, id love us to show ambition and sign Ings, no doubt he will have offers from the likes of Lolerpool etc.

After yesterday, a definate yes for Heaton!

Trippier also looks very good but we already have 3 right backs on the books so which two need to go?