Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Ben Gladwin, 22, Swindon Town: He came up through non-league, most recently having played for Marlow, and can play a range of positions including centre-half, wing-back and midfield. Uses his size well. Great feet and technically very confident. << Sherwood in his column back in December.

Ben Gladwin, 22, Swindon Town: He came up through non-league, most recently having played for Marlow, and can play a range of positions including centre-half, wing-back and midfield. Uses his size well. Great feet and technically very confident. << Sherwood in his column back in December.

So that means he is going to buy only British? It was a player he commented on whilst he was writing for a paper and not as a villa manager. At least he is young and not an overpriced oldie like mon used to buy.

Sorry? where did I state he will only buy British? I just said he mentioned him back in his column in December and Percy is reporting we have put a bid in now, I would post the article but I'm on my mobile.

Was kidding dude mate! See the winky!

I think he is clued up and I'd rather go for the young players but also for some experience a blend of both be they British or not!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/aston-villa/11628315/Aston-Villa-launch-3.5m-raid-for-Swindon-pair.html

Aston Villa launch £3.5m raid for Swindon pair Tim Sherwood wants to sign Massimo Luongo and Ben Gladwin from League One club

----

tried to paste more of the article in but it won't let me

Edited by VillanousOne

Full Article..

‎Tim Sherwood has tabled a £3.5million bid for Swindon Town's Massimo Luongo and Ben Gladwin as he begins his preparations for next season.

But Sherwood, the Aston Villa manager, is facing competition from Queens Park Rangers after the relegated London club matched the offer for the highly-rated midfielders.

Swindon are holding out for a £4million deal but are resigned to losing the pair after losing the League One play-off final to Preston North End on Sunday.

Sherwood has been a long-term admirer of Luongo, the Australian international, after working with him at Tottenham Hotspur's academy but also wants Gladwin to make the move to Villa.

Gladwin, also 22, ‎played a key role in Swindon's season and both players are expected to have their futures resolved before the weekend.

Villa could be taken over by new owners this summer but Randy Lerner, the current chairman, is adopting a "business as usual" policy before the club is sold.

Lerner may have to raise his offer for Luongo and Gladwin, however, with Swindon chairman Lee Power keen to stick to the club's £4m valuation.

Villa will face Arsenal in the FA Cup fnal this weekend but Sherwood is mapping out his plans for next season after securing Premier League survival.

He is keen to bring in players under the age of 25 and could offload many of his current squad to raise funds.

Carles Gil, a £3.2million signing from Valencia in January, Andreas Weimann, Philippe Senderos and Matthew Lowton are all facing uncertain futures.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/aston-villa/11628315/Aston-Villa-launch-3.5m-raid-for-Swindon-pair.html

Aston Villa launch £3.5m raid for Swindon pair Tim Sherwood wants to sign Massimo Luongo and Ben Gladwin from League One club

----

tried to paste more of the article in but it won't let me

When the new owner takes over, these two don't strike me as your typical; Jurgen Klopp type signing!  ;)

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/05/23/ex-aston-villa-winger-steve-froggatt-urges-club-to-sign-burnley/

Burnley full-back Kieran Trippier would be a great buy for Aston Villa, ex-claret and blue winger Steve Froggatt has told AVTV.

Froggatt was speaking ahead of Villa’s final Premier League game of the season on Sunday against the already relegated Burnley, which could mark Trippier’s last appearance for the Clarets.

The right-back has earned rave reviews during his first campaign in the top-flight, despite his club’s struggles, starting all 37 games and recording four assists.

With Sean Dyche’s side heading back to the Championship next season, however, the former Manchester City prospect looks set to be on the move this summer, with both Southampton and promoted Bournemouth named as potential destinations 

Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe knows Trippier well, having brought him to Burnley on loan from City during his spell in charge at Turf Moor, but Froggatt believes that Villa could also be a great fit for the former England Under-21 international. Make-shift full-back Leandro Bacuna has done a solid job since taking over on the right side of defence for Alan Hutton but, with the club’s lack of cover at the back exposed on several occasions this season, Froggatt thinks Trippier is someone Tim Sherwood could target over the summer.

“I love this kid,” he said. “I actually think that he’s someone we could quite easily go in for.

“He’s just been Mr Consistent for Burnley this season. If you go to the high end of the league and look at the likes of Pablo Zabaleta and Branislav Ivanonvic, they’re helped by playing on two of the best team.

“But, in a struggling team, Trippier has been brilliant. He’s got everything. He can get forward, he can defend, he’s a good passer of the ball and the chances he’s created have been excellent.

“He’s got a great right foot, delivers into the box brilliantly and has got a bit of pace about him as well.

“He will be a fantastic buy for somebody in the summer.
Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

I have to admit I was a little positive (strange for me) just before the Southampton game. Looked like we were safe, take over possible and players wanting to stay at the club. I thought no way we'll be in this position again. Now with these links and the last couple of results I'm thinking it could be the same old same old again next year, another false dawn. I hope not. I'm not getting on anyone's backs by the way just a worry I have

• Like 1

Speculation is fine but to say that he will only buy brtish without foundation or previous history?

I speculate he will look further than the British Isles and for non British players no facts to back it up I maybe wrong I may be right

To be fair i don't think anyone is saying with certainty that he will be buying only british based players, just that it's a worry as. I've already stated why in previous posts.

Most likely it is as you say and we will scout all over and sign as good players as we can find and lure here.

And on that note does anyone have any idea if we will be sending scouts to the Copa America this summer?

I hope not. Buying players from a tournament is a stupid decision plus I would imagine our scouts would know most of players already since 7 of the 12 teams just went to last summers World Cup

Plus if you do find a gem their is a huge chance he wont get a work permit