Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Speculation is fine but to say that he will only buy brtish without foundation or previous history?

I speculate he will look further than the British Isles and for non British players no facts to back it up I maybe wrong I may be right

To be fair i don't think anyone is saying with certainty that he will be buying only british based players, just that it's a worry as. I've already stated why in previous posts.

Most likely it is as you say and we will scout all over and sign as good players as we can find and lure here.

And on that note does anyone have any idea if we will be sending scouts to the Copa America this summer?

I hope not. Buying players from a tournament is a stupid decision plus I would imagine our scouts would know most of players already since 7 of the 12 teams just went to last summers World Cup

Plus if you do find a gem their is a huge chance he wont get a work permit

So then they would not be buying them based from the tournament as they already know them from the world cup?

no they would have saw them at World Cup since nearly everybody was watching the tournament. Also if a player did catch the eye you would hope they tracked them over the season

no they would have saw them at World Cup since nearly everybody was watching the tournament. Also if a player did catch the eye you would hope they tracked them over the season

Yes, and nothing about this makes it a bad idea to send people to the Copa America.

Yes, and nothing about this makes it a bad idea to send people to the Copa America.

and what about the fact most need a work permit? Id be disappointed if our scouts didnt know a majority of the players in this tournament. Only Venezuela, Bolivia and Jamaica are the unknown teams in it

and what about the fact most need a work permit? Id be disappointed if our scouts didnt know a majority of the players in this tournament. Only Venezuela, Bolivia and Jamaica are the unknown teams in it

That is a worry, under the current rules 79% of all applications have been granted, but the FA are trying to change this with new rules 

http://www.espnfc.com/barclays-premier-league/story/2363598/england-fa-seek-tougher-rules-for-work-permits-for-foreign-players

Still think it's a good idea to scout the Copa America

Edited by sne

What about looking at Wes Foderingham (Swindon) as a new keeper to challenge? He is 24 and out of contract next month.

He is probably the best keeper in the lower leagues at moment as well..

May as well just buy Swindon

• Like 3

That is a worry, under the current rules 79% of all applications have been granted, but the FA are trying to change this with new rules 

http://www.espnfc.com/barclays-premier-league/story/2363598/england-fa-seek-tougher-rules-for-work-permits-for-foreign-players

that really is a terrible idea 

that really is a terrible idea 

Your right, let's put all our eggs in the Swindon basket

Looks like we're continuing with exactly the same transfer policy we've had for the last few seasons and now Percy has changed his mind from the club looks like being taken over once the FA Cup is over to it could  be taken over in the summer. I don't think that big summer overhaul that people are wanting is going to happen.

... and that when Fox and Sherwood kept saying a takeover was not imminent, that they were in fact telling the truth?  Who knows? :)  We'll find out soon enough.

• Like 1

I wouldn't bother with the goalkeeping position at all as the budget must be incredibly small even more so than previous seasons I would imagine, this is someone who has publicly declared he wants out he isn't suddenly going to open his wallet.