Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

liverpool offering lambert for benteke is an absolute insult, we do not need lambert, theyve been trying to get rid of him for ages, if villa accept this deal in anyway then clearly they have no ambitions.

liverpool offering lambert for benteke is an absolute insult, we do not need lambert, theyve been trying to get rid of him for ages, if villa accept this deal in anyway then clearly they have no ambitions.

Which deal, have i missed something?

Heaton and Trippier from Burnley are surely gettable, id love us to show ambition and sign Ings, no doubt he will have offers from the likes of Lolerpool etc.

After yesterday, a definate yes for Heaton!

Trippier also looks very good but we already have 3 right backs on the books so which two need to go?

Im probably the only one who thinks we should push Bacuna further forward, then id have Trippier and Hutton as the RBs
  • Like 2

Obviously there is no real way no know because he's never signed a player before. But I have a feeling he's going to be a bit similar to MON with his transfer principals, and not really look overseas much.

I fear this as well, hopefully he'll surprise me
I was under the mistaken impression that our scouts and in particular a certain Mr Reilly find a player make a dossier and profile then the manager goes to see that player and decide yea or nay. Unless I am wrong and lambert scouted made a comprehensive dossier and went and saw the player all by himself and signed them. No wonder he struggled (as will sherwood).

Maybe the scouts will look in far flung places rather than 400 miles from villa park.

I'll reserve judgement until the window opens and see who the first target is. If he goes for that louongo kid then he is not buying just British seeing as he is an Aussie I believe so will blow the theory out the water.

Obviously there is no real way no know because he's never signed a player before. But I have a feeling he's going to be a bit similar to MON with his transfer principals, and not really look overseas much.

I was under the mistaken impression that our scouts and in particular a certain Mr Reilly find a player make a dossier and profile then the manager goes to see that player and decide yea or nay. Unless I am wrong and lambert scouted made a comprehensive dossier and went and saw the player all by himself and signed them. No wonder he struggled (as will sherwood).

Maybe the scouts will look in far flung places rather than 400 miles from villa park.

I'll reserve judgement until the window opens and see who the first target is. If he goes for that louongo kid then he is not buying just British seeing as he is an Aussie I believe so will blow the theory out the water.

I don't think it 'blows it out of the water' - it just shows he's going for someone he already has good knowledge of having been in the Spurzzz youth set-up.

My fear is, we'll end up with all of his favourite kids from the same set-up...

The 'buying British' thing is about not looking anywhere other than the British Isles for a player - we had this under MON and we got saddled with some real (expensive) shit.

• Like 1

I think most managers (god or bad) will look to players they are familiar with in some sense. Be it nationality, club or league.

Just look at Guardiola, Bayern have 5 spaniards now (and are far worse of than they were under Heynckes)

Edited by sne
  • Like 2

Anyone think that this could be the most annoying summer on record?

then again everybody was excited 2 summers ago when Helenius and Tonev arrived so im not that bothered 

• Like 1

I don't think it 'blows it out of the water' - it just shows he's going for someone he already has good knowledge of having been in the Spurzzz youth set-up.

My fear is, we'll end up with all of his favourite kids from the same set-up...

The 'buying British' thing is about not looking anywhere other than the British Isles for a player - we had this under MON and we got saddled with some real (expensive) shit.

It goes to show he's not just going to buy British whether the players a former player at his old club or not. If he was only going to buy British then he wouldn't go for the player be he ex Spurs or Ex Blackburn as he is not British, so it does show that he isn't going to just buy British. So far the fears are unwarranted and people are speculating on rumour and conjecture. And as I said we have scouts and a structure in place to find talent from all over not just UK. If the case is he only wants British and from within the UK then might as well get rid of the scouts and he goes out and buys players he knows only or tells the scouts to be based here rather than travel watching players in other countries.

Let's just wait and see who the targets are (not newspaper bull shit that everyone seems to take for fact). If he only buys British/UK based then I'll hold my hand up and say I was wrong. The guys not an idiot and knows more than I will ever know about football management and players.

They don't have that idea.  It's currently a hypothetical argument where there's even a misunderstanding over what constitutes buying British (see Luongo).  Standard speculation thread fare so :P

£40m + Lambert and we can start negotiations on that fee. 

• Like 1

Speculation is fine but to say that he will only buy brtish without foundation or previous history?

I speculate he will look further than the British Isles and for non British players no facts to back it up I maybe wrong I may be right

• Like 2

Speculation is fine but to say that he will only buy brtish without foundation or previous history?

I speculate he will look further than the British Isles and for non British players no facts to back it up I maybe wrong I may be right

To be fair i don't think anyone is saying with certainty that he will be buying only british based players, just that it's a worry as. I've already stated why in previous posts.

Most likely it is as you say and we will scout all over and sign as good players as we can find and lure here.

And on that note does anyone have any idea if we will be sending scouts to the Copa America this summer?

To be fair i don't think anyone is saying with certainty that he will be buying only british based players, just that it's a worry as. I've already stated why in previous posts.

Most likely it is as you say and we will scout all over and sign as good players as we can find and lure here.

And on that note does anyone have any idea if we will be sending scouts to the Copa America this summer?

Yes mate my thoughts exactly and I hope we send scouts there. Definitely find some decent players there. Be great for once if we unearth a gem from that part of the World.
  • Like 1