Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

but I think he has an extra yard of pace that Lowton doesnt have and apparently has bulked up at Brighton and probably learned a thing or two from Hughton. plus I think he could be like a left sided Bacuna

Tim Sherwood to run rule over three Aston Villa loan players before end of the season..........

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3069121/Tim-Sherwood-run-rule-three-Aston-Villa-loan-players-end-season.html

Tim Sherwood to run rule over three Aston Villa loan players before end of the season
  • Tim Sherwood will decide futures of three players that have been on loan
  • Gary Gardner and Joe Bennett will report back to the club soon
  • Pair have been on loan at Nottingham Forest and Brighton respectively
  • Callum Robinson will return to Villa after Preston's play-off involvement 

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3069121/Tim-Sherwood-run-rule-three-Aston-Villa-loan-players-end-season.html#ixzz3ZM7lVWW7 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Perhaps he's got a future with Villa, I hope I'm proved wrong, but I just don't think he's quite good enough. Tim might think differently, give him a run in the side, and boost his confidence. We shall see.

I always thought he was absolute pants, but I have to say everything I've read from Brighton fans this year seems to say he's been excellent for them. Before I'd have cried hot tears of frustration at the thought of him returning, but I'm prepared to give him a second chance if Sherwood wants him, and he might do, he does seem to fit the Sherwood profile (well, he's young and English anyway). 

IMO I wouldn't expect too many signings, at least certainly not in the early part of the window. The reasons being that we have so many players out on loan that Tim hasnt had chance to assess yet, for example, Helenius scored a hat-trick at the weekend for Aalborg so he could be in with a shout depending on how he performs at BMH. Darren Bent (previously a 20 goal a season man) may even get a look in based on Sherwoods reputation for getting players firing again (Adebayor).

Last year we all believed Hutton, Zog and Given should all be first on the bus out of Villa yet they have been very good for us lately. Before Tim came in Bacuna wasnt getting any game time and Jack was being held back but Tim seems to have a knack of getting the best out of people, starting by playing them in their most effective positions and playing to our strengths.

The one player I am concerned about is Carles Gil, looked mustard from the little we've seen but doesnt seem to get a look in at the mo, and whilst it would be risky to try someone you dont know if you already have a winning formula at this stage of the season given the importance of each game, I just hope he doesnt give up and leave in the summer.

I would sign Cleverley, Sinclair, A CB (if Vlaar leaves) then assess what we have and replace as necessary (starting with Weimann).

• Like 1

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3069366/West-Ham-eye-summer-moves-attacking-duo-Rudy-Gestede-Javier-Hernandez.html#comments

West Ham have asked about Blackburn's £7million-rated striker Rudy Gestede.

Hull City, who made an enquiry in January, watched the Benin international grab his 20th goal of the season against Ipswich on Saturday. 
Crystal Palace, who had a £5m bid rejected by Rovers, Swansea City, Sunderland and Aston Villa are also interested but the 26-year-old is understood to favour a move to London
Edited by Villan4Life

Is Darren Bent still our player or not....what's the position?

He is until his contract runs out on 31st May, he can't play for us though as he is over 21 and not in our PL squad.

Is Darren Bent still our player or not....what's the position?

He is until his contract runs out on 31st May, he can't play for us though as he is over 21 and not in our PL squad.

Thanks

Linked with Jeff Hendrick, Derby central midfielder, in the Sun today.

Brilliant player in Football Manager. Get him and Freddy Adu in and we have some real competition.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3069366/West-Ham-eye-summer-moves-attacking-duo-Rudy-Gestede-Javier-Hernandez.html#comments

West Ham have asked about Blackburn's £7million-rated striker Rudy Gestede.

Hull City, who made an enquiry in January, watched the Benin international grab his 20th goal of the season against Ipswich on Saturday. 
Crystal Palace, who had a £5m bid rejected by Rovers, Swansea City, Sunderland and Aston Villa are also interested but the 26-year-old is understood to favour a move to London

Let him go to Watford or Brentford then! :angry:  I get so fed up of players who say they want to move to London. They need to realise they are moving to a football club to play football not looking to book a weekend break with their family!  

• Like 1

The key word is moving, John. They move there and have to live there - it's not fair that those teams are lucky enough to be located in a place where a lot of people want to live but that's life. For me personally, where I'll be living has a big bearing on the jobs I look at and go for and if the money is the same - then it's a no-brainer.

Edited by lexicon
  • Like 1

Just to let you know, if you want a look at Luongo he'll be playing in our play-off matches which are on TV tonight and Monday.

Wish us luck :)

Good luck mate, I've seen enough of Luongo playing for Australia to be impressed by his talent.

I get so fed up of players who say they want to move to London. 

A paper's website saying it, and the players saying it, are two completely different things

Just to let you know, if you want a look at Luongo he'll be playing in our play-off matches which are on TV tonight and Monday.

Wish us luck :)

Nice one. Good luck!

I want this player already but it would be nice to have another look.