Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Tbf P3te did say 5' 11" is too short for a Premier League GK.

Not for the average joe walking down the street.

He said FAR too short to be a premier league goalkeeper.

Which, as I said, is a huge exaggeration.

Wasn't actually in response to you. It was in response to the comment at the top of the previous page.

Luongo £5-7 millionNeil Taylor - £3-5 Mil, Sinclair £1-2.5 mil, Cleverley and Richards would want at least £1 mil signing on fee with there not being a transfer fee, Chelsea make a lot of money from loaning players out, it'll probably be about £1 million spread over the season. I was high balling with £15 mil but it won't be far off. 

Luongo £5-7 millionNeil Taylor - £3-5 Mil, Sinclair £1-2.5 mil, Cleverley and Richards would want at least £1 mil signing on fee with there not being a transfer fee, Chelsea make a lot of money from loaning players out, it'll probably be about £1 million spread over the season. I was high balling with £15 mil but it won't be far off. 

If we pay £5-7mil for a league 1 midfielder i'd be amazed.

That was when we were spunking money all over the place though. Plus Delph was 19 with a huge reputation and multiple PL teams vying for his signature. I don't think Luongo is as big a name as Delph was. Just my opinion though. £3-4mil tops for Luongo if he's the player Sherwood decides he wants.

I watched the Swindon game on Thursday as a scouting mission for Luongo.

He never really got into the game, he played in an attacking midfield role and Swindon never really got him the ball enough to have an impact on the game whether that was him struggling to find space or poor passing from rest of team I don't know. When he did get it he looked tidy enough generally playing an easy pass. He did play two nice through balls which should have led to chances but didn't.

Out of interest another midfielder from Swindon called Kasim from Iraq also young ex Spurs looked much the better player. Just one game though.

Overall it was an exciting game but very poor quality all round a MASSIVE come down from watching Barca Bayern the night before.

Edited by villaglint

If we keep all the players we have do we need a new signing? Maybe left back or a right back. 

I would say a first choice left back is a must. I also think a forward to replace Weimann/ push Gabby further down the pecking order should be high on the list. 

It is interesting as I think there are players in the team who Sherwood does not necessarily rate but lack of options is forcing his hand to play them. I think the summer will be interesting.