Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

How much as Richards even played in the last 3 seasons? Not for me.

I would love Loic Remy from Chel$ki.

Sinclair hardly played for a few seasons either but has come in and looked useful. Just because Richards hasn't fit in elsewhere doesn't mean he wouldn't be a good signing for us. Again it depends on his ambition and fitness.

I don't mind Sherwood going back to ex-Spurs players either, if he knows their game inside out and they're young with ability, then I'm all for it. I also like the fact that he wants control, not a watered down transfer policy with too many cooks. Just him and Reilly should be enough.

Tom Carroll is an interesting link, he is very highly thought of a few seasons back but made some stupid loan moves

turning down Ajax for QPR being one of them

Think Luongo is a solid move, good cover for Delph and if he continues his international form could be a real player for us.

I think Richards is a solid bet as well. Can cover multiple defensive positions and if he hits his peak could make life without Vlaar easier. Either way I'm happy with him as cover for RB/CB.

Another striker would make for a solid transfer window. I think with Aly and Kieran we have enough immediate LB cover, could potentially persist with Lowton as I think he has more chance here then breaking up the Hutton/Bacuna show on the right side.

Irrespective of who comes in, I just hope Tim is able to shift some of the dross that's about to come back.

Out of curiosity, what was Sherwood's transfer record like at Tottenham?  

I don't think he did any while manager so it's a bit unknown.

Tom Carroll is an interesting link, he is very highly thought of a few seasons back but made some stupid loan moves

turning down Ajax for QPR being one of them

I'd take him, i thought he'd perform well for swansea but he hasn't really pulled up any trees to my knowledge, i still think he's an excellent young player though

I think with Aly and Kieran we have enough immediate LB cover, could potentially persist with Lowton as I think he has more chance here then breaking up the Hutton/Bacuna show on the right side.

I'm not so sure.

Cissokho seems pretty uncomfortable/awkward with the ball at his feet, Richardson i'm still not too keen on even as backup if i'm honest.

I'd like another left back Neil Taylor from Swansea for example would do, think the way Sherwood wants players to be brave he would probably do well and seems comfortable with the ball.

Would love someone like Salomon Rondon if Benteke leaves.

Scored loads for Malaga in La liga and doing the same for Zenit St Petersburg. He's very similar to Benteke, so much pace and power. Zenit did sign him for big money though so probably out of our price range even with any potential Benteke money.

Might be one to look at if we get taken over perhaps.

Would love someone like Salomon Rondon if Benteke leaves.

Scored loads for Malaga in La liga and doing the same for Zenit St Petersburg. He's very similar to Benteke, so much pace and power. Zenit did sign him for big money though so probably out of our price range even with any potential Benteke money.

Might be one to look at if we get taken over perhaps.

Probably can't afford Rondon and I think the lure of the Champions League means that would be dead in the water

Really hope we don't go down the "young british" road this summer (unless we are relegated)

unlike the young foreign route we took last time with Sylla, Luna, Helenius and of course everybody favourite Tonev

Really hope we don't go down the "young british" road this summer (unless we are relegated)

unlike the young foreign route we took last time with Sylla, Luna, Helenius and of course everybody favourite Tonev

Haha, yep real gems those players.

But for the price of those 4 you don't even get 1/4th of Curtis Davies

We can't afford Rondon he's like Zenit's best striker and easily a 30m euro player. 

I think we need a good backup/second striker. I think can get Danny Ings, he won't be as good as Benteke certainly. Or maybe Michu or Lambert or Albuerto Bueno. Someone cheap of some caliber that could be good or could fail.

Moving on to our main striker if we're in Europe we can probably target a replacement striker thats quality but they'll probably be older.  Someone like Nolito, maybe Mario Gomez, or Gignac. There are many options. 

The thing is i dont think we will have bother persuading a good striker to come to us over any other club in the bottom half, even bottom 12. The football Sherwood plays a good striker will always get a load of goals. A good defender, now that might be another problem.