Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

We are in the market for a left back,  I guarantee it

Link?

there isnt one but if we do not buy a left back this summer i will be flabbergasted

Incredibly we have 7 players who can play, or have played, LB - Sissokho, Luna, Bennett, Richardson, Clark, Baker, Lowton. Really hope Sherwood can get rid of some of them before he looks at a new LB over other pressing needs. 

Stevens is still on the books as well :)

Incredibly we have 7 players who can play, or have played, LB - Sissokho, Luna, Bennett, Richardson, Clark, Baker, Lowton. Really hope Sherwood can get rid of some of them before he looks at a new LB over other pressing needs.

I think it's probably fair to say that Stevens, Bennett, and Luna have probably played their last for the club. Although I thought that about Hutton until this year, not that those three ever really showed as much quality as Hutton had at moments in the past. If we do go for another left back as Richard suggests, I hope we get one more that's quality... I'm sick of quantity!

We are in the market for a left back,  I guarantee it

Link?

there isnt one but if we do not buy a left back this summer i will be flabbergasted

Yeah I expect left back to be signed aswell. Which one of our options will be the back up for next season. I think it will still be Richardson as he can also fill in midfield when required. Bennett, Luna and Cissokho to be moved on.

I think it's probably fair to say that Stevens, Bennett, and Luna have probably played their last for the club. Although I thought that about Hutton until this year, not that those three ever really showed as much quality as Hutton had at moments in the past. If we do go for another left back as Richard suggests, I hope we get one more that's quality... I'm sick of quantity!

think your wrong on Bennett, for me he fits the Sherwood profile

think your wrong on Bennett, for me he fits the Sherwood profile

Brighton might want to sign Bennett full time for something like 2m so it would add to the transfer pot in a small way.

And if we think Richardson is dodgy on one v one defending....

I've seen enough in Bennett to show me he's good player.  He is a confidence player though and I think playing full back in the side he was in at the time ruined him - hence why he needed a spell away to almost reset that confidence.

I think under Sherwood's management he could come good, perhaps even as a left winger in the long run.

Edited by GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS
  • Like 4

I've seen enough in Bennett to show me he's good player. He is a confidence player though and I think playing full back in the side he was in at the time ruined him - hence why he needed a spell away to almost reset that confidence.

I think under Sherwood's management he could come good, perhaps even as a left winger in the long run.

Despite his shortcomings.....always thought he had good feet.....would like to see Him work with Tim at BMH

Edited by TRO

Perhaps he's got a future with Villa, I hope I'm proved wrong, but I just don't think he's quite good enough. Tim might think differently, give him a run in the side, and boost his confidence. We shall see.

Do you remember his performance against Chelsea last season? World class.

I'd say 'very good' rather than 'world class' but yeah he does have ability in his locker.

What, he made one good clearance and could/should have been sent off.

Bennett's two best games for us have both been at home to Chelsea, he likes playing them at VP.

So many poor games though, if people are writing off Lowton at this level, then to me Bennett is an even poorer defender when wingers are running at him so unless he gets moved to left midfield I don't think he's got a future here.