Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Nice vague link.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3067643/Southampton-rival-Manchester-City-signing-Groningen-forward-Albert-Rusnak.html

Sportsmail revealed last week how City had been scouting Rusnak, despite only selling him permanently in January.

Rusnak, who joined City as a 16-year-old, qualifies as a homegrown player.

Newcastle, Swansea and Aston Villa also watching developments.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-join-transfer-chase-5631891

Aston Villa join transfer chase for highly-rated Hull full-back Andrew Robertson

The 22-year-old Scotland international only joined from Dundee last summer but is attracting the attention of a number of top clubs

Andy-Robertson.jpg

He's grrrreat! Robertson is set to leave the Tigers after an impressive debut season

Tim Sherwood is eyeing a summer move for Hull’s highly-rated full-back Andrew Robertson.

Aston Villa boss Sherwood will be given cash to spend if they go on to clinch survival, and is keen to strengthen in several areas.

Scottish international Robertson, 21, has made a huge impression in his first season in the Premier League after joining from Dundee United for £2.85m.

Hull boss Steve Bruce has already admitted they face a struggle to keep Robertson this summer amid interest from the Premier League’s big guns.

The Villans have been watching with interest and are likely to test Hull’s resolve to keep hold of one of their prized assets. But other big clubs are also likely to consider moves for hot property Robertson this summer.

New LB on the cards perhaps??

From what I've seen, Robertson has been pretty decent this season.

For the love of god it was Dundee UNITED!! I have a season ticket for utd and if we get him I will be dancing. Don't think I've been as sad to see someone leave since Duncan Ferguson. He's incredible, yes I know weaker league yaddy ya. He's doing it for Scotland and hull now too. Endless stamina, speed and drive to get forward. Edited by ForfarVillan

Nice vague link.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3067643/Southampton-rival-Manchester-City-signing-Groningen-forward-Albert-Rusnak.html

Sportsmail revealed last week how City had been scouting Rusnak, despite only selling him permanently in January.

Rusnak, who joined City as a 16-year-old, qualifies as a homegrown player.

Newcastle, Swansea and Aston Villa also watching developments.

SHA actually signed him on loan last season and he hardly played or did anything for them.

City scouting a player who came through their youth policy and was with them for a good few years. Riiiight, he hasn't suddenly turned into another Ronaldo.

We aren't in the market for £8m+ left backs...and that is the minimum he would cost. Rightly or wrongly.

Maybe we are if we're only looking at spending money on 2-3 players

Shawcross and Johnson, yes I agree. Richards however, if the wage was right, would be an excellent signing imo.

He's managed 6 starts and 3 sub appearances for Fiorentina this year. No thanks. 

And Sinclair and Cleverly were setting off fireworks prior to coming? Point is, he is proven, young considering his experience and can do a job. 

Shawcross and Johnson, yes I agree. Richards however, if the wage was right, would be an excellent signing imo.

He's managed 6 starts and 3 sub appearances for Fiorentina this year. No thanks.

And Sinclair and Cleverly were setting off fireworks prior to coming? Point is, he is proven, young considering his experience and can do a job.
He's played 18 times in 3 years, he stayed at city chasing money and **** it up, rumours last summer he wanted £60k a week to sign for prem teams

His problem was he had piss poor defensive attributes but great physical attributes and when he should have been developing one in preparation for the other starting to deteriorate he wasn't playing football, his positioning will still be terrible but now he won't have the pace to cover for it

Not sure how he's proven either, everyone could see what he was, he got found out big time

Edited by villa4europe

He's played 18 times in 3 years, he stayed at city chasing money and **** it up, rumours last summer he wanted £60k a week to sign for prem teams

His problem was he had piss poor defensive attributes but great physical attributes and when he should have been developing one in preparation for the other starting to deteriorate he wasn't playing football, his positioning will still be terrible but now he won't have the pace to cover for it

Not sure how he's proven either, everyone could see what he was, he got found out big timee

Is a big difference between Man United, Man City and Fiorentina

Not sure how he's proven either, everyone could see what he was, he got found out big time

This - Richards is a poor footballer with very limited ability and almost no brain. He's just an athlete and an expensive one at that.

• Like 2

Quintero is great but I'm kind of happy with our midfield at the moment.

If we've got money I'd rather invest in some good fullbacks (again), a centreback or two depending on what happens with our current centrebacks, and a proper back up for Benteke, depending on the status of Kozak.

Obviously that's dependant on Benteke staying. If he goes then replacing him would be the main priority

Incredibly we have 7 players who can play, or have played, LB - Sissokho, Luna, Bennett, Richardson, Clark, Baker, Lowton. Really hope Sherwood can get rid of some of them before he looks at a new LB over other pressing needs. 

Edited by BG_Villa_Fan

We are in the market for a left back,  I guarantee it

Goalkeeper, left back, centre back, striker. IMO those are the 4 positions we need to look at addressing.

Central midfield moreso than anything other than left back IMO.  Sanchez isn't at the races, Cleverley isn't a Villa player.  That leaves Delph/Westwood/Sanchez/Gardner (I think?) and would need more quality.