Defence

sexbelowsound

5 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I don't see how Suliman, Tuanzebe or even Elphick can be worse than Jedinak in that position.

Putting the big lad who can head balls at center half in the sort of logic i see when i watch my lads u14's team. 

In it's current state the defense is looking almost as neglected as the midfield did under RDM's short stint here.

He got 11 games.

Unless Bruce addresses this issue before the window closes I'll be very surprised if he even gets to 11 games this season before he is shown the door.

• Like 1

Weirdly I think Jedinak in a 3 is a great idea in theory, just as having his combative style and heading ability at CB seems a no-brainer. It's just all the nuances of not playing CB all his career that are just showing up and unless he's going to be a fast learner it seems strange to take our best DM (imo) away from his natural position.

We still have a load of RB's and 1 LB and despite the obvious interest in Bryan I'm concerned we have no back up option lined up so far. Although buying for the sake of buying is no reason to shop I hope we can find something a bit better than Hutton or Taylor there for the coming slog.

Tuanzebe, if he's genuinely been brought in to play RB is baffling to me. I hope he's as good a CB as some have said. Elphick inspires little confidence from me. Losing Terry and Samba is one thing but we knew all the rest 12 months or more ago.

We need a CB to play alongside Chester imo or the play-offs will beckon.

Nyland seems to be getting a bit better and Moriera looks like a box of frogs but anything that keeps Bunn away from the team sheet is OK by me.

Defense is a massive problem at the moment though and everyone here can see it.

5 games in 10 goals scored 7 conceeded.

Edited by VILLAMARV
sp
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

i think a back of AT JM JC could work, but having signed two wingers (one of whom isnt renowned for tracking back) I can’t see us going to that formation.

Javi Martinez?

I'd take that, equally good at DCM as well!

• Haha 1

Having watched the replay, Jedi's positional sense is not of a Centre back.

He was at fault prior to the Nyland saves and seems slow to react.

His only ability is his heading, he has to be replaced. I also genuinely believe it is having a negative effect on Chester (not the pen).

• Like 1

Right, can someone with more intelligence than I please tell me who will partner Chester if Jedinak gets injured? Even worse, who forms the defence if Chester and Jedinak are out? 

Bruce's go to plan whenever we take the lead is to defend it. He better change that philosophy and start thinking we need 3 goals per game if we are to gain wins. 

2 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

I thought Tuanzebe was supposed to be a centre back, or am I being stupid

The latter. 

Â